Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 1, 2011, 11:55 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default G.Skill Announces Phoenix EVO, Based on 2xnm NAND Flash

G.Skill today announces its new Phoenix EVO SSD, utilizing the performance leading controller SandForce SF-1222 and high quality 2xnm NAND flash chips. The Phoenix EVO drive contains 115GB with rated speed of read/write 280/270 MB/sec, and will be available via G.Skill authorized distribution partners in early April.

Keeping pace with the flash ... [ Read full article ]
Old April 1, 2011, 06:38 PM
Allstar

Probably a dumb question but will this suffer from the same issues that other 2xnm drives have? Or are they using different nand chips?

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old April 1, 2011, 06:46 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodscene View Post
Probably a dumb question but will this suffer from the same issues that other 2xnm drives have? Or are they using different nand chips?
Actually a really good question man, I guess nobody will be able to tell until there have been a couple of thorough reviews and customer purchase stories. So far 2xnm seems to be in its infancy and pretty slow compared to the preexisting 34nm architecture, that coupled with the lower space you get on finalised products doesn't really justify their purchase unless their prices are significantly less than their 34nm counterparts
Old April 1, 2011, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

You guys are are taking this seriously?.... lol
Old April 1, 2011, 08:16 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You guys are are taking this seriously?.... lol
Like I said in another thread. These are real, the press release came directly from G.Skill and samples are being sent to reviewers as we speak.
Old April 2, 2011, 03:00 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I have recently purchased a Corsair F115, for my P-6831FX laptop (upgraded from a non-OEM 7200 RPM HDD, which is now the backup/program drive). The upgrade went without hick-ups, a bit slow compared to my desktop. Two weeks into use I got a "No Operating System Detected" on BIOS boot up, so I reinstalled and so far so good. Not sure what that was about; potentially a Phoenix BIOS clashing with SandForce, hence not recommended for AMD/Gigabyte boards due to the known issues (i.e. not able to update firmware on AMD mobos). Over all pretty happy so far with the system responsivness.