Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 4, 2011, 07:00 AM
Rodyma

Thumbs down

looks like a joke to me...just take some stuff from other case and put it on it, you call it Advanced.............. LoL
Old April 4, 2011, 07:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAN69 View Post
"...liquid cooling grommets to easily route tubing to an externally mounted radiator."

I have to chuckle at "convenient" features like these; because unless you're planning on using 3/8" tubing for your water cooling build, they're completely useless (or unless you have the $$ to put out for a step drill bit, which can run upwards of $80 ).
3/8 tubing is all you really need to use now :P Most people no longer use 1/2.
Old April 4, 2011, 09:55 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodyma View Post
looks like a joke to me...just take some stuff from other case and put it on it, you call it Advanced.............. LoL

Funny, CM Does it and people cry foul but NZXT did it and called it EVO and its okay.

This has a point of Merit, they made design changes to the initial design, instead of confusing customers and calling it just a 932 again, they choose advanced. I think that is perfectly acceptable because they are not the Same.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 4, 2011, 10:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Funny, CM Does it and people cry foul but NZXT did it and called it EVO and its okay.

This has a point of Merit, they made design changes to the initial design, instead of confusing customers and calling it just a 932 again, they choose advanced. I think that is perfectly acceptable because they are not the Same.

ST
This isn't the only case they did this with tho. They pulled the same stunt with the 690.. There is an Advanced version of that which gives you a hot swap dock or something on top if I remember correctly.
Old April 4, 2011, 10:12 AM
MVP
F@H

So still no dust filters?
Old April 4, 2011, 10:56 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
This isn't the only case they did this with tho. They pulled the same stunt with the 690.. There is an Advanced version of that which gives you a hot swap dock or something on top if I remember correctly.

You can do a lot more with the Advanced though than the original too. Which again warrants the name change and difference in models.
It would be one thing if say all they did was add USB 3.0 or something.
But they have actually added enough features IMO at least to warrant the name addition.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 11, 2011, 09:26 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Advanced, is cool, if it's done properly.

I bought a CM690 II Advanced edition, and found it doesn't fit the H70 backplate on P67-GD53. I wish they could make a perfect case that fit's everything properly, i'm going to try and get the HAF next.