Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 31, 2011, 12:28 PM
Banned
F@H

you dont mod the driver in the general idea, you just give it the ok.
Old March 31, 2011, 03:50 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I have seen nothing very positive about this, and issues where cards are detected, and then not.

Regardless, it looks like we are finally getting what I wanted. AMD can no longer ignore those who like their CPU's but hate their GPU's.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 31, 2011, 03:55 PM
Banned
F@H

question is, what does soon mean? 1 month? 3 months?

can it be done via a bios update on existing boards? win win situation?

or we need only the newly released am3+ boards for that, and not all?

going back to the driver mod, i hear an old guy ..lets call him dan..has tried it on a good 50
or was it 60 systems or more spanning different generations and sockets,
and all work no problemo? :p
Old March 31, 2011, 05:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

FWIW, I've been running the bootloader SLI hack for, well, a long time on my P5Q-E for benchmarking purposes and have absolutely zero problems with it. It is, after all, based on nvidia's own simplified SLI check they had to implement for x58 chipsets. Yes, it's nice to have native support - but Dan's right; it really is just two clicks to get it working on any mobo. The only real drawback is the bootloader screen like a multi-boot system.

In fact, I'd be willing to wager that it's the proliferation of SLI hacks that is the business rational for nvidia relenting on its per-unit demands for enabling SLI on AMD boards. Without the hacks, I'm sure the standoff would have continued in perpetuity.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old March 31, 2011, 05:41 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I guess I am just unlucky , as is a few others.
I know it works, but I guess just not over here, for whatever reason.
Maybe CMET Is using is voodoo AMD doll on my system

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old March 31, 2011, 06:39 PM
Banned
F@H

yup. i have it working on even older boards. all it needs is 2 pci-e slots(4x-16x) that are tied to the chipset or same
chippie to have good chances.
Old March 31, 2011, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Yes and the amount of problems that have occured with both games, and performance make it not an ideal solution.

I would rather something be supported rather than something that I constantly need to work on to get right. Case and point is TRIM on AMD as well. Sorry Dan, the way you look at that and talk about it is wrong in my eyes.

ST
News to me where you get this from .... you telling me my Win 7 Enterprise is lying to me when it tells me that trim is suported & enabled on my 890gx board ?
Old April 1, 2011, 06:48 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrybear View Post
News to me where you get this from .... you telling me my Win 7 Enterprise is lying to me when it tells me that trim is suported & enabled on my 890gx board ?
Sorry, I should have been more specific, PRE-8XX series Chipsets I believe. The newest chipset drivers from what I understand pass the TRIM command along.

But for the longest time anyone with an AMD setup was SOL until AMD finally fixed that. However anyone with 7XX chipset I believe is out of luck.
AkG might be able to help me on that one better as he's our resident SSD expert. I just know that him and I have personally worked together to keep my AMD systems with SSD's running in prime condition using all the other methods available.

My point in the above was the lack of mainstream support on AMD's side. They want us to buy their gear (and I still do trust me) but they don't support everything. Just bugs me from time to time. Which is why I said at the beginning I am happy they are going back to being the better company. They might sell even more this way.

ST

Old April 1, 2011, 05:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Sorry, I should have been more specific, PRE-8XX series Chipsets I believe. The newest chipset drivers from what I understand pass the TRIM command along.

But for the longest time anyone with an AMD setup was SOL until AMD finally fixed that. However anyone with 7XX chipset I believe is out of luck.
AkG might be able to help me on that one better as he's our resident SSD expert. I just know that him and I have personally worked together to keep my AMD systems with SSD's running in prime condition using all the other methods available.

My point in the above was the lack of mainstream support on AMD's side. They want us to buy their gear (and I still do trust me) but they don't support everything. Just bugs me from time to time. Which is why I said at the beginning I am happy they are going back to being the better company. They might sell even more this way.

ST

Blast from the past: 780G + SandForce = Need advice

God, how long is this ODYSSEY going to go on for?
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old April 1, 2011, 05:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Blast from the past: 780G + SandForce = Need advice

God, how long is this ODYSSEY going to go on for?
Sorry mate.
I don't ever recally reading that thread , until now.
And no one had corrected it in anything I had seen to this point.

ST