Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 27, 2011, 11:00 PM
Administrator

Default Important Announcement Regarding Kingston SSDNow V100 SSD Firmware

Kingston has learned that a small percentage of their SSDNow V100 sold in the past have experienced a technical issue with the firmware. The company reports that a small percentage of their drives have caused the BIOS to hang during boot, and failed to load further.ĒKingston strongly recommends that a firmware update be applied to all SSDNow V100 d... [ Read full article ]
Old April 2, 2011, 05:26 AM
Rookie

I bought two of the 64GB SSD drives from Kingston. I get constant stutter and 10 second freezes in Windows 7 and Linux with these drives. I tried using the firmware update utility and even though it recognizes the drives as a drive that needs a firmware update (version on drive is lower) it refuses to update it, saying that it already has latest firmware on drive.

My conclusion: No more Kingston SSDs! Even their memory isn't all that problem free.

Quote:
I get constant stutter and 10 second freezes in Windows 7 and Linux with these drives. I tried using the firmware update utility and even though it recognizes the drives as a drive that needs a firmware update (version on drive is lower) it refuses to update it, saying that it already has latest firmware on drive.
Even if I tried, I don't think I could say 'drive' any more times in those two sentences.

Last edited by sswilson; April 2, 2011 at 05:48 AM. Reason: The edit function should be used rather than back to back posts.
Old June 16, 2011, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Default Seconded

I too, have a 64GB kingston SSD, and any applications I have installed to this hard drive will periodically freeze. They are the best price for a reason; won't be making this mistake again.