Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 22, 2011, 09:46 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Mozilla Firefox 4 Released

Mozilla, a global, nonprofit organization dedicated to making the Web better, is proud to release Mozilla Firefox 4, the newest version of the popular, free and open source Web browser. Firefox puts users in control of their Web experience, providing a streamlined user interface, fun new features, a boost in speed and support for modern Web ... [ Read full article ]
Old March 22, 2011, 10:20 AM
Hall Of Fame

Tried and really don't like it.

They really made a huge overhaul to the UI and its gonna take some time getting used to.

For now I stick with 3.x
Old March 22, 2011, 10:42 AM
SkullTrail

Thumbs up Love it

I have a smokin' desktop and a crappy old laptop which I use on the road. The desktop runs Win7Ult and blasts through crappy code like a hot knife through butter, but the laptop, an old single core running XP chokes on IE8 (totally unusable), and barely got through FF 3.6.15. On heavy Flash or Java pages, the CPU would hit 100% for 10s before allowing the page to slowly move.

Long story short, the GPU accelerated FF4 has fully rejuvenated my old pile. It literally flies though the heavy coded pages. In one word - AWESOME. I tested it on all the troubling websites and call me impressed.
Old March 22, 2011, 11:05 AM
MVP

My System Specs

just installed it. the new GUI is....different but unique. I will have to spend some time using it before giving it a final verdict though.

I just tried opening 79 tabs at once (by middle-clicking my 'latest headlines' newsfeed) and it didn't crash!
Old March 22, 2011, 11:28 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Looks like they "learned" from chrome. Looks much cleaner.
Old March 22, 2011, 11:41 AM
Banned
F@H

lower memory usage my heiney! its 50% more with the same 50+ tabs open lol~!
Old March 22, 2011, 12:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

No complaints here. Its running fine and has a few tweaks that I have noticed and like so far. I have always been a Mozilla user, since it has always run well and doesn't give me any problems. Keep the updates coming to keep it competitive and functional and I will keep running it.
Old March 22, 2011, 01:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I no like change!!!!

Thank goodness I still have palemoon 3.6

Going to take a bit to get used to the new UI but I will try.

I do like the idea of using the GFX to help with speed.

We will see what I think after a month or so, one thing at least is 70% of my addons work, they didnt last time I used the beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old March 22, 2011, 01:34 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Tried and really don't like it.

They really made a huge overhaul to the UI and its gonna take some time getting used to.

For now I stick with 3.x
If you enable to the menu, enable the bookmarks toolbar and disable tabs on the top, it's essentially the same interface.
Old March 22, 2011, 01:56 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiato View Post
If you enable to the menu, enable the bookmarks toolbar and disable tabs on the top, it's essentially the same interface.
Bingo. I disabled tabs on top (right click the tab bar) and now the only big change is moving the home and reload buttons.