Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   ViewSonic Delivers the Best of Both Worlds With ViewPad 10 Tablet (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/41510-viewsonic-delivers-best-both-worlds-viewpad-10-tablet.html)

FiXT March 10, 2011 12:46 PM

ViewSonic Delivers the Best of Both Worlds With ViewPad 10 Tablet

ViewSonic Corp. today announced North American availability of theViewPad 10. Giving users a choice between Windows 7 and Google Android within the same device, this 10.1" dual-boot tablet is ideal for maximizing business productivity alongside entertainment.

"The lines of professional and personal life are blurring, which creates a need for dev... [ Read full article ]

martin_metal_88 March 10, 2011 01:26 PM

lot's of feature, not so expensive. I like:)

SKYMTL March 10, 2011 01:43 PM

Android 1.6? No thanks. 16:9 is a mistake as well IMO.

Shadowmeph March 10, 2011 01:51 PM

Its funny because it seems only a little while ago that these types of things where Science fiction .

I like the idea of being able to have windows 7.

tehpr0fess0r March 10, 2011 01:51 PM

It may deliver both worlds but its far from the "best" of both...

FiXT March 10, 2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 494274)
Android 1.6? No thanks. 16:9 is a mistake as well IMO.

The idea of dual boot is wicked, but as you say, 1.6? No Honeycomb... that's wack mang! Unless of course you can upgrade to honeycomb?

SKYMTL March 10, 2011 02:27 PM

IMO, an Atom + Win 7 will not make an optimal tablet experience either

sswilson March 10, 2011 02:30 PM

So close, but no cigar.... I could care less about the screen format, but I want/need a better processor, especially if it's going to be running win7.

I'm glad to see this though... gives me hope that those of us who want a win7 tablet might actually be able to grab one this year. I'm in the market right now, so if somebody can show me a full featured windows tablet for sub-$700 I'd probably bite.

FiXT March 10, 2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 494289)
IMO, an Atom + Win 7 will not make an optimal tablet experience either

I've used a few nettops with Atoms in them and W7, and it wasn't that bad at all.
Though, having played around with an Asus 1201, I'm not going to lie, Windows 7 REALLY sucks the big one for tablets.

Personally, the only reason I would opt to go with a W7 tablet is simply for program compatibility, such as account programs or something else you want the tablet experience for.

Hence why this dual boot option is ideal. Use the lightweight Android OS for your primary media & entertainment functions, and if you HAVE to have the W7 function for specific programs, it is available.

SKYMTL March 10, 2011 02:48 PM

Tablets require a seamless graphical interface with lightning quick response. An Atom processor hooked up to Win 7 cannot provide that. Nor can it provide proper media playback functions, so what's the use?