Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 9, 2011, 12:13 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Logitech Unveils Theater-Quality Surround Sound Speakers

So you can hear every detail in your movies, games and music, today Logitech unveiled the Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z906. Delivering 500 watts (RMS) of power, the Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z906 are THX Certified, creating a theater-quality audio experience in your living room. "We?re delighted to offer consumers a successor to the hig... [ Read full article ]
Old March 9, 2011, 12:20 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Hmmm...
Old March 9, 2011, 12:25 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

This marks the long awaited departure of the Z-5500's?

While I highly doubt it, but could it possibly be without the patented Logitech "muddy bass"

Wishful thinking perhaps?

Still prefer a set of 2.1" if not for the fact that really, where exactly do these companies expect users are going to run the wires? They wind up sitting along the floor for people to trip on.
Old March 9, 2011, 12:54 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I like the "Theater-Quality" part. The reason I don't go to the theaters anyore is that I can have a better surround sound experience at home.
Old March 9, 2011, 12:55 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
..... where exactly do these companies expect users are going to run the wires? They wind up sitting along the floor for people to trip on.
Umm...nope. You run them along the ceiling and paint the wire WHITE. IF you really get fancy you use FlatWire and THEN paint em. Then they disappear and you get surround sound goodness.

Though as the old "7P" saying goes...Proper Previous Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance...and you already ran them inside the walls when you were remodeling your "man cave"

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old March 9, 2011, 01:38 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Umm...nope. You run them along the ceiling and paint the wire WHITE. IF you really get fancy you use FlatWire and THEN paint em. Then they disappear and you get surround sound goodness.

Though as the old "7P" saying goes...Proper Previous Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance...and you already ran them inside the walls when you were remodeling your "man cave"
Hhhmm, an interesting notion. I like it.
My only issue is, aren't most Logitech cables built directly into the satellites? Granted I haven't owned any of their high ends sets, but the ones I have worked with aren't like home theater where you simply use a +- speaker wire.
Old March 9, 2011, 01:43 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

The Z-5500 uses speaker wire colour-coded red and black I believe so I would assume that the Z906 would as well.
Old March 9, 2011, 01:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesamess View Post
The Z-5500 uses speaker wire colour-coded red and black I believe so I would assume that the Z906 would as well.
Correct. Z-5500 system uses regular speaker wires.

Wonder if they're any good, or just a new look. $550 CAD retail on the logitech site, yuck. I'd say $300 is more realistic price.

I enjoy my Z-5500 a lot more with the subwoofer swap. I kinda give credit to my sound card though, they sounded awful with onboard.
Old March 9, 2011, 02:08 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Interesting successor.

Do the speakers come with wall mounts though? Always been an issue with Logitech stuff, usually not the easiest to mount, or it's a rather fixed mount without much control of positioning.

Pricing seems spot on though. It's basically a HTIB which for something with a decent powered subwoofer goes for around $500 anyhow.
Old March 9, 2011, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Wow this sucks I really like the z 5500's control POD with screen and its ability to not take up a foot of room on my desk. Also WTF the z 5500's are also 505 Watts with 1000 Watt max