Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   Corsair Announces USB 3.0 Upgrade Kit for Obsidian Series Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/41286-corsair-announces-usb-3-0-upgrade-kit-obsidian-series-cases.html)

FiXT March 3, 2011 11:06 AM

Corsair Announces USB 3.0 Upgrade Kit for Obsidian Series Cases

Corsair today announced the availability of a USB 3.0 Upgrade Kit for their Obsidian Series® 800D and 700D full-tower PC cases.

The kit is designed for Obsidian Series case owners who have upgraded their systems to support USB 3.0, either by replacing their motherboard or via an add-in card. The kit consists of a replacement front I/O panel that ... [ Read full article ]

Supergrover March 3, 2011 11:19 AM

Good to see another Manufacturer offering USB3.0 upgrade kits.

Eluder March 3, 2011 11:33 AM

Good job on Corsair, but is this just a USB 3.0 cable that passes through to the back I/O panel, or is it an actual pin out connector for motherboards that have the Intel specification set?

Bohrman March 3, 2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eluder (Post 491727)
Good job on Corsair, but is this just a USB 3.0 cable that passes through to the back I/O panel, or is it an actual pin out connector for motherboards that have the Intel specification set?

unfortunately its a cable that gets its usb 3 from the i/o panel. However it does make sense to implement it this way for those people who have usb 3 but not on a motherboard pin connector. I would like though if they made two versions of this upgrade, the second being the one that connects straight to the mobo

r0bc March 3, 2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bohrman (Post 491738)
I would like though if they made two versions of this upgrade, the second being the one that connects straight to the mobo

It looks like the kit includes both connectors, MB and addin card.
I'm having a problem ordering it...try again later.

Reyzac March 3, 2011 12:42 PM

Get us some SATA III hot-swap boards and I'll be happy.

G777 March 3, 2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reyzac (Post 491747)
Get us some SATA III hot-swap boards and I'll be happy.

Like this?Obsidian Series® 800D SATA 6Gb/s Upgrade Kit

Bohrman March 3, 2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r0bc (Post 491739)
It looks like the kit includes both connectors, MB and addin card.
I'm having a problem ordering it...try again later.

I checked their website and the other connector for the motherboard is an adapter for usb 2, covering all the bases i guess. You could double check in case i'm wrong :thumb:

r0bc March 3, 2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bohrman (Post 491764)
I checked their website and the other connector for the motherboard is an adapter for usb 2, covering all the bases i guess. You could double check in case i'm wrong :thumb:

Your probably right, I never ordered it....they want $40 shipping for a $14.99 part.

Reyzac March 4, 2011 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G777 (Post 491749)

:clap: Thanks. I didn't even know that had happened.