Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21, 2011, 11:02 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Mushkin Holds Off On Transition To 25nm NAND

While SSD manufacturer's such as OCZ and Corsair have announced their transition to 25nm NAND flash chips for their solid state drives, Mushkin has chosen to hold back on the move, citing concerns about consumers perception of the reliability and reduced capacity of the shrink.The Solid State Drive (SSD) market is one of the most exciting and fa... [ Read full article ]
Old February 21, 2011, 12:01 PM
MVP

My System Specs

+1 to Mushkin

Old February 21, 2011, 12:35 PM
Banned
F@H

i dont know, you stay back and others will make that sale :p
bring it on the mrket, but clearly indicate on the box+unit itself what is what
Old February 21, 2011, 12:49 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Bravo Mushkin. BRAVO!

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 21, 2011, 12:51 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

A good move for Mushkin imo.

While I believe that 25nm can be used "safely", it seems OCZ kind of poisoned the pot for everyone by releasing it early, without notification, and amidst a myriad of problems.

Mushkin is wise to hold back for now, see how consumers adopt 25nm and reactions; let other companies be the guinea pig, while they come up with a solid roll out plan that can answer consumers questions to problems.

They will have to do it eventually, but hopefully their decision to stick with 34nm for longer means a seamless changeover