Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 19, 2011, 09:04 AM
MVP

My System Specs

It looks nice, but tell me when I can get a G1.Sniper and I'll be so much happier.
Old February 19, 2011, 02:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yup may have to grab one when i have cash the color them of my new tattoo shop is black gold and orange so it would go well. but it's needing some help on the io like others have stated
Old February 19, 2011, 02:35 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
This board makes me angry.

It isn't dedicated to overclockers. It is dedicated to benchers. Just look at the pathetic amount of I/O ports on the back of the board. A keyboard, mouse, and your network cable and you are pretty much using everything available. Yet they add a whole bunch oif SATA ports.

That is the idea of the board. It is meant for true extreme overclockers, not use the CPU Level Up feature overclockers.

It was developed in part with input from hicookie, a well known extreme OC'er and this is what those individuals are looking for.

Nothing but the absolute essentials and an extreme focus on power and stability.
Old February 19, 2011, 02:46 PM
Banned
F@H

indeed,it is very bare for any giga board. hell the 50 dollar boards have more.
you can turn stuff off in the bios, like i do,doesnt take more than 2 minutes.

but then again, i dont see many people buying these, theyre more like a showcase for

the company...still..they couldve added a couple of thigns lol.
Old February 20, 2011, 02:08 PM
Associate Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
It was developed in part with input from hicookie
Just to clarify, Hicookie developed this model from A to Z, it's his baby
Old February 20, 2011, 03:37 PM

My System Specs

I love when well known benchers help design boards. I just wish they could have added more USB on the back. I don't suppose this board will be using UEFI?
Old February 20, 2011, 04:20 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I love the color scheme, but I would have no use for such a MB. Would like an entry level board looking like this one, UD2 or UD3
Old February 20, 2011, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

lowfat, there is no need for more usb ports, i bench and i only ever need one to copy the screenshots from the computer to the a usb memory stick. the only ports i use are for a keyboard, mouse and a hdd, nothing else! i think you're totally missing the point of this board, it is made by a bencher for benchmarking. it's as simple as that. if you want more usb ports than buy a different board.

you would have to be kidding yourself if you buy a board like this for 24/7 use let alone using it for air cooling or water cooling.

imo lga1366 will only be dead when a newer platform can actually match the frequencies these chips can produce and there is no sandy bridge cpu that can do that.
Old February 20, 2011, 09:38 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
lowfat, there is no need for more usb ports, i bench and i only ever need one to copy the screenshots from the computer to the a usb memory stick. the only ports i use are for a keyboard, mouse and a hdd, nothing else! i think you're totally missing the point of this board, it is made by a bencher for benchmarking. it's as simple as that. if you want more usb ports than buy a different board.

you would have to be kidding yourself if you buy a board like this for 24/7 use let alone using it for air cooling or water cooling.

imo lga1366 will only be dead when a newer platform can actually match the frequencies these chips can produce and there is no sandy bridge cpu that can do that.
Then why 8 SATA ports and SATA 6Gbps at that. It just doesn't make sense.
Old February 20, 2011, 11:12 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I agree with Lowfat on this one. Its neither fish, nor fowl, nor good red meat.

If its for benchers then why not go full out and include a neoprene (or rubber) custom overlay (or hell insulate the mobo at the factory and forget overlays) so that when you go really cold you dont have to get out the frickin eraser to insulate the board!? Why skimp on the USB ports but include a passel of SATA ports including an additional SATA controller chip?

If its for benchers...why call it the "OC" and not the "bencher"?

LOTS of people overclock...yet most will find this board a fail as this is not aimed at them...even though its name suggests otherwise.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr

Last edited by AkG; February 20, 2011 at 11:17 PM.