Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   NVIDIA Announces Roadmap for Tegra - Quad Core Mobile Processor Lined Up (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/40869-nvidia-announces-roadmap-tegra-quad-core-mobile-processor-lined-up.html)

FiXT February 17, 2011 12:50 PM

NVIDIA Announces Roadmap for Tegra - Quad Core Mobile Processor Lined Up

At the Mobile World Congress this week, NVIDIA was not only the talk of the show due to their overwhelming presence in tablets, but with the successful launching of Tegra 2, the company has announced its entire known mobile roadmap, including a quad core mobile chip before the end of the year.NVIDIA's entrance as a major player in the development ... [ Read full article ]

MacJunky February 17, 2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

NVIDIA also demo’d Project Kal-El’s performance in a Coremark test, showing it to be faster than a Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 laptop CPU.
Geat, so it is slightly faster than a four year old dual core intel chip.. >_>
Quote:

but device implementation is being pegged as early as August 2011.
By then the T7200 will be five years old. Hopefully they can improve performance before that time. o.o

FiXT February 17, 2011 01:34 PM

This product is intended for smartphones/cellphone/tablets, so this is some pretty dang impressive news imo.

LarkStarr February 17, 2011 04:02 PM

umm.. that's actually wildly impressive MacJunky.

you go shrink laptop power into a mobile phone that runs on a small battery in a few years.

YukonTrooper February 17, 2011 04:44 PM

Core 2 performance in phones, tablets, etc.? Definitely impressive.

Keltron 3030 February 17, 2011 06:59 PM

So I can get a smartphone that's more powerful than my current laptop (T5750)

Sounds great, but is it really needed for phones?

LarkStarr February 17, 2011 07:07 PM

with superphones slowly becoming portable replacements for laptops (weird..) I'd have to say yes.

YukonTrooper February 17, 2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keltron 3030 (Post 486969)
So I can get a smartphone that's more powerful than my current laptop (T5750)

Sounds great, but is it really needed for phones?

With today's capabilities, no. However capabilities are only limited by technology. Pretty soon we'll see phones streaming 1080p content to HDTV's, etc. Right around the corner we'll have netbook/low-end notebook power in phones and I bet we'll see docking stations for these mini-powerhouses that will allow us to use them as a personal computer at home. Simply plug the monitor, speakers, keyboard/mouse, etc. into the docking station and you're good to go.

_dangtx_ February 17, 2011 07:36 PM

or no wires and do it wireless? that i like

for those who serve in the forces, you may see stuff like that, depending on what.well,were youre assigned

also there was a post about laser keyboard...:)

mikellini February 17, 2011 10:52 PM

I wonder if smartphones will get larger... 5" screens anyone?