Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 17, 2011, 12:24 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Cougar Announces New Products for CeBIT 2011

The Cougar brand of HEC/Compucase is showcasing a new case and power supply during CeBIT 2011 in Germany at the start of March.The company is debuting its new 80 PlusPlatinum certified PSU - appropriately labelled the Cougar Platinum -which means the unit has achieved an efficiency rating of at least 90%, 92% and 89% at 20%, 50% and 100% load, resp... [ Read full article ]
Old February 17, 2011, 12:29 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Seriously, what's up with the HAF-X knockoffs these days??
Old February 17, 2011, 12:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

HAF series was a pretty good series.. and this case doesn't look too bad but we can't see any inside pics and that makes me really curious. So far tho of all these new cases coming out that Xigamatek case so far is win.
Old February 17, 2011, 12:49 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I have serious hope that Cougar has used Superflower as the OEM for their Platinum design. They have a really clean nice unit available, hopefully cougar went with that one.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 17, 2011, 12:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I have serious hope that Cougar has used Superflower as the OEM for their Platinum design. They have a really clean nice unit available, hopefully cougar went with that one.

ST
I've been scratching my head on these new 80+plat PSUs from Cougar. 80 plus certification doesn't list any platinum certified units under Cougar/HEC/Compucase or any other affiliate company. The list is current as of today as well. Cougar has always used their parent company or a parent affiliate as their OEM.
Old February 17, 2011, 01:07 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
I've been scratching my head on these new 80+plat PSUs from Cougar. 80 plus certification doesn't list any platinum certified units under Cougar/HEC/Compucase or any other affiliate company. The list is current as of today as well. Cougar has always used their parent company or a parent affiliate as their OEM.

True, makes one wonder where this one came from or what is actually under its hood.

Although it would be a shocker if someone else was their OEM for this, it may just be a unit that we have not yet seen available or that is listed.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old February 17, 2011, 01:16 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

edit: nvm...
Old February 17, 2011, 02:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ok this PSU is nice looking!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old February 17, 2011, 03:11 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Ok this PSU is nice looking!
Their power supplies aesthetically look fantastic.
Old February 17, 2011, 03:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Their power supplies aesthetically look fantastic.
Yeah they really do look good. I'm all for the colour scheme of this new one, once we know however how good it is inside.

ST