Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 16, 2011, 09:44 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Corsair Announces Enthusiast Series TX V2 Power Supplies

Corsair today announced the Enthusiast Series TX V2 power supplies. The Enthusiast Series TX V2 is the successor to the award-winning Enthusiast Series TX power supplies, which have won dozens of awards worldwide and received widespread critical and customer acclaim. The TX V2 PSUs offer improved energy efficiency, with 80 PLUS Bronze certification... [ Read full article ]
Old February 16, 2011, 09:54 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

soo... a refresh? well if they make an already good product line even better, who's to complain?
Old February 16, 2011, 09:55 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohrman View Post
soo... a refresh?
Pretty much. 80% Bronze now, plus $10+- more expensive

Small tidbid, from what I hear, the V2's are all Seasonic
Old February 16, 2011, 10:28 AM
F@H

My System Specs

This time I think Corsair should have drafted up a new CWT design or Superflower. Still very good for a refresh.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 16, 2011, 12:21 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Also the 12v, amps are higher than the previous series with being more efficient.

Least they improved, which is good.
Old February 16, 2011, 12:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

They learned from the old TX series, don't change the OEM without changing the model name slightly. These are the same units as the new XFX core series made by Seasonic for the most part. Now Corsair needs to learn to stick with 1 OEM for a model line, people want to buy the platform, not the spec.
Old February 16, 2011, 12:56 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
They learned from the old TX series, don't change the OEM without changing the model name slightly. These are the same units as the new XFX core series made by Seasonic for the most part. Now Corsair needs to learn to stick with 1 OEM for a model line, people want to buy the platform, not the spec.
True that. I believe the original TX line was part SS, part CWT PSH, II, and DSG
Old February 17, 2011, 09:33 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post

In corsairs defence, they tried on many occasions, but the OEM didn't have a platform ready for their wattage lineup (AX Series, with the 1200 being Flextronics, not seasonic).

From that standpoint I see it, if my OEM only has say half of the platforms ready to go, I'll find someone else so I can release the whole lineup.
So long as they are quality OEM's I won't complain.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com