Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 2, 2011, 12:43 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default OCZ Launches New ZX Series High Performance Gold Rated Power Supplies

OCZ Technology, a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) and power supplies for computing devices and systems, has launched the ZX Series power supply series to answer consumer demand for a robust high-wattage solution that is also highly-efficient. The ZX Series is designed for best-in-class performance, reliability and als... [ Read full article ]
Old February 2, 2011, 05:36 PM
Too many computers...

Could care less for OCZ Power supply. I think they should just pull out of that market. With there release of there B-Stock (Refurbs) Power supply, they should just be ashamed. I was stupid to buy some of the B-Stock, 5 of 5 were defective. 3 DOA and 2 shorted out. Never again for the PSU. Hope OCZ reads this.
Old February 2, 2011, 05:46 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'll be honest. I don't care how long the warranty period is. I just want to go 9months without creating an RMA ticket on one. I'll wait to see JohnnyGuru open one of these up and reserve judgement until then.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 2, 2011, 05:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Perhaps these are based on the Superflower Golds? I'd like to see some in the North American market so we have some competition for Seasonic!
Old February 2, 2011, 06:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoob View Post
Perhaps these are based on the Superflower Golds? I'd like to see some in the North American market so we have some competition for Seasonic!
That would honestly make me give them a second try.

Superflower has put a good showing in for both Kingwin and NZXT's new lineups. And they have a 80+ Platinum unit in limited production I believe.

So, if they are. I would give it one more try.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old February 2, 2011, 10:08 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Never heard of superflower, but if its anything like seasonic then maybe i'll consider it.
Old February 2, 2011, 11:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've sworn off OCZ PSUs, but in the end OCZ is just buying someone else's design anyway. If they do something good, I may look into it...
Old February 3, 2011, 05:33 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Apparently i'm the only one to not have a problem with OCZ PSUs. The majority of my folding farm uses OCZ ModXtream 6-700W, which run 24/7 365.
I even have an i7 860 oc'd, with a GX2, GTX280 and GT240 folding away with a ModXstream 700W.. and it doesn't even squeal (my Corsair 850W did)

Anywho, depending on the review outcomes and price point, i'd give the new PSUs a shot if I were in the market for a new PSU for my workstations.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old February 3, 2011, 06:10 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohrman View Post
Never heard of superflower, but if its anything like seasonic then maybe i'll consider it.

Take a peek at the Kingwin gold and NZXT Hale90 Units from JohnnyGuru's site. They are very very close in quality to the AX Gold series from Corsair (Seasonic). Plus they have new Platinum 80 Plus units that are looking to be amazing.
Superflower might sound wierd, and they aren't too well known as they've been OEM for some less than ideal brands, but as of right now they are doing amazing.

ST

Old February 3, 2011, 06:20 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I've been using an OCZ GameXStream 850 for 1.5 years and I've never had a problem thus far. Perhaps I'm just lucky...? Anyhow, this might be interesting for new builds.