Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 2, 2011, 09:23 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default GIGABYTE Details Comprehensive Retrieval and Replacement Strategy for Intel Sandy Bridge Products

GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY has received an official announcement from Intel indicating the Intel 6-Series chipset design error and has implemented a silicon fix. Please see this link for more information:http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/CS-032263.htmAs the No.1 motherboard manufacturer,GIGABYTE will make its best effort to recall boards that were ... [ Read full article ]
Old February 2, 2011, 09:30 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

"customers electing to keep the current flawed motherboard and wait two months for a similar replacement motherboard will need to register, and sign a release waiver form"

Ugh are you kidding me, sign a release form?
Old February 2, 2011, 10:24 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
"customers electing to keep the current flawed motherboard and wait two months for a similar replacement motherboard will need to register, and sign a release waiver form"

Ugh are you kidding me, sign a release form?
+1. Thats BS, should only need to provide proof of ownership.
Old February 2, 2011, 10:39 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

It's likely to cover themselves on the legal front. You can thank the sue happy Western culture for that.

Individuals electing to keep a known defective product could potentially later turn around and claim that their data was lost, or productivity was lost, compensation demanded if the problem happens on their machine.

The issue will be covered no matter what under warranty. But I imagine, if you want to get "in line" for a replacement when they arrive, you will need to set this up with GIGABYTE, and return the documents they request, including said "waiver".
Old February 2, 2011, 10:42 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yeah Im sure it is a "we are not responsible if you lose your data" waiver. Still annoying though and I doubt many will bother. Hell a regular person probably doesnt even know about this if they havent registered their product.
Old February 2, 2011, 10:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Suck but Gigabytes are not dumb, they are surtenly going to replace the one that haven't been registered. They are bright enough to know that many small retailer wont contact their customer.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old February 2, 2011, 06:11 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Are we allowed to keep our defective boards and at any time before the B3 boards are available return our defective ones for full refund at our own discretion?
Old February 2, 2011, 07:40 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm told by NCIX Ivan that we should be able to return boards as defective for full refunds.
Old February 2, 2011, 08:08 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

ok, my question is more "is there a time limit on for that option"? Or for example, can I wait until the day before the replacement boards are ready and then exercise my right for a refund?
Old February 2, 2011, 08:32 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I would say it's up to the discretion of the retailer. Some companies with great support would extend the return policy/warranty service for the recall. Some might apply a 30 day to register your board for refund policy.