Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 2, 2011, 09:14 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Asus Outlines Recovery Plan For Intel 6 Series Sandy Bridge Products [Updated]

Intel on January 31, 2011 announced the detection of a design error in the new Sandy Bridge-based Intel 6 Series support chip, also known as Cougar Point. The shipment of existing Sandy Bridge products has been suspended by Intel , and the production of an updated support chip has commenced. The design error affects only the support chip, and not... [ Read full article ]
Old February 2, 2011, 11:35 AM
Rookie

Default Doesn't say much

Asus didn't really say much on what they plan to do regarding swapping and returning. All they say is that there is the option for swap and return... Hopefully, Asus will release a follow-up regarding the issue.
Old February 2, 2011, 01:08 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I called them earlier today, the rep on the phone didn't even know about the announcement, had to provide him the link so he could read it while I was on the phone.
He gave me a ticket and said that they would reach out to me when they have more concrete info.

It seems like they're going to offer a replacement based on the conversation I had, but he wasn't really sure.

I'm more interested in seeing what the resellers (NCIX in my case) will do as it's easier to go back to the store and swap for a new board when they get out to the channels again.
Old February 2, 2011, 01:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Supply is going to be ridiculously low for the next few months. This is probably going to increase prices.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old February 2, 2011, 01:40 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Supply is going to be ridiculously low for the next few months. This is probably going to increase prices.

So now I start to understand why Asus announce an increase of price last week....
Old February 2, 2011, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Vaque

There response is a little vaque. Are they saying that you can return the mb to the reseller asap, or use sata 6 ports and wait to exchange till the motherboards out?
Old February 8, 2011, 10:56 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Just wanted to update everyone - Asus has updated their recovery plan to lay out exactly how they will be assisting customers. This includes free two way shipping on replacements boards, and advanced RMA options for any Asus Cougar Point product.

See the news article for more details and how to contact Asus to set up your replacement when it arrives.
Old February 8, 2011, 11:30 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Just wanted to update everyone - Asus has updated their recovery plan to lay out exactly how they will be assisting customers. This includes free two way shipping on replacements boards, and advanced RMA options for any Asus Cougar Point product.

See the news article for more details and how to contact Asus to set up your replacement when it arrives.
Wow, that is impressive. I am very thankful there will be no extra cost for me.
Old February 9, 2011, 10:46 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Now for a Gigabyte announcement!

Old February 9, 2011, 11:02 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vittra View Post
Now for a Gigabyte announcement!
GIGABYTE Details Comprehensive Retrieval and Replacement Strategy for Intel Sandy Bridge Products