Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 31, 2011, 07:50 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I like how NCIX shipped my P8P67 Pro an hours after Linus made the post on the NCIX forums saying they were no longer selling them.
Aren't you just there lucky customer :P
Old January 31, 2011, 07:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I like how NCIX shipped my P8P67 Pro an hours after Linus made the post on the NCIX forums saying they were no longer selling them.
+1, all the major retailers that stopped selling today just got major points in my book.

Canada Computers seems to have a blatant disregard for NDA's and stuff like this, I probably won't be going there again any time soon. Tigerdirect is... well Tigerdirect.
Old January 31, 2011, 08:01 PM
Allstar
F@H

Canada Computers will probably just keep selling them till they run out...
Old January 31, 2011, 08:23 PM
Top Prospect

Question,

Can we still use our motherboards or will it damage our Hard Drives ( I have 3 SSD's hooked up to it).

Will our Hard Drives get damaged or will the motherboard just cease to recognise it's sata ports?

I'm not going to use my PC if it ends up damaging other parts. But I'm assuming it only affects the motherboard and that the sata ports will die and not recognize all the ports etc.
Old January 31, 2011, 08:32 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I like how NCIX shipped my P8P67 Pro an hour after Linus made the post on the NCIX forums saying they were no longer selling them.
Lol. It was likely already in the box and on a truck. I talked to Linus this morning about it and they pretty much put an immediate shipping hold on every single LGA 1155 package, system and order that was supposed to go out the door until the issue is resolved and customers choose direction.

I also contacted both Canada Computers and TigerDirect

TD has informed me they have pulled their inventory of of P67 items as of this afternoon.
Canada Computers ignored our request. Kept referring me to their return policy
Old January 31, 2011, 08:42 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by btdvox View Post
Question,

Can we still use our motherboards or will it damage our Hard Drives ( I have 3 SSD's hooked up to it).

Will our Hard Drives get damaged or will the motherboard just cease to recognise it's sata ports?

I'm not going to use my PC if it ends up damaging other parts. But I'm assuming it only affects the motherboard and that the sata ports will die and not recognize all the ports etc.
There is virtually no fear of data loss. The problem exists internally, within the SATA circuity of the chipset, so at worst you will simply loose the connection to all SATA 2 Ports (ports #2-5 typically), but it will not affect the devices hooked up to it at all.
Old January 31, 2011, 08:45 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

FiXT: CC has a thread here, with no reply yet on what they would do:
Intel Sandy Bridge Chipset Design Issue

Hopefully the small community they have there can wake them up a little.
Fold for team #54196
Old January 31, 2011, 08:51 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Lol. It was likely already in the box and on a truck. I talked to Linus this morning about it and they pretty much put an immediate shipping hold on every single LGA 1155 package, system and order that was supposed to go out the door until the issue is resolved and customers choose direction.
Well it wasn't picked up from NCIX until 8pm. Although I am very glad they still shipped the board out anyways. I would be severely PO'd if I had to wait another month to six weeks to get a working system.
Old January 31, 2011, 09:09 PM
Allstar
F@H

I was planning on building another Sandy bridge system this week...don't really feel like waiting a couple months to get a mobo. To me this is a very minor issue... just use the unaffected ports till this get sorted out. I'll be at Canada Computers tomorrow morning... I'm sure they don't give a rat's a$$ about all of this and will sell me a board.
Old January 31, 2011, 09:21 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtrotter59 View Post
I was planning on building another Sandy bridge system this week...don't really feel like waiting a couple months to get a mobo. To me this is a very minor issue... just use the unaffected ports till this get sorted out. I'll be at Canada Computers tomorrow morning... I'm sure they don't give a rat's a$$ about all of this and will sell me a board.
Thrash that system Boggsy with some 24/7 Bigadv folding. Hook er up to ports 2-5...I dare ya!

The heat and disk accesses will put the poor little southbridge to work! Probably a folder who discovered this in the first place
Fold for team #54196