Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 31, 2011, 09:03 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Jan 9 probably means manufacture date not shipping date otherwise why even give this Jan 9 date if it means all?
Old January 31, 2011, 09:05 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
Jan 9 probably means manufacture date not shipping date otherwise why even give this Jan 9 date if it means all?
See above - Embargo lift. Boards WOULDN'T (shouldn't) have been sold before then.
It's a design flaw, not a manufacturing flaw, meaning it has been there since the very inception of Cougar Point, so it is present in all of them from the get-go.
Old January 31, 2011, 09:17 AM
Rookie

Default oh My

I just bought the parts for my sandy bridge build 5 days ago... and I receive most of them today... What to do now =(

I went with Asus P67 Evo board.
Old January 31, 2011, 09:19 AM
F@H

My System Specs

We wait to see what intel does and if/when there is a recall how they'll coordinate this.

Such an engineering blunder which'll cost intel millions of dollars, hope someone got fired after that.
Old January 31, 2011, 09:26 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflavour View Post
I just bought the parts for my sandy bridge build 5 days ago... and I receive most of them today... What to do now =(

I went with Asus P67 Evo board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibz View Post
I wonder if i can get a refund on my board and get a better one, or trade up and pay the diff.
We are doing our best to currently get in touch with board partners and retailers to help you guys get direction on where to go from here.

We'll be posting a followup article as soon as we get more details

It blind sided them as much as everyone else, so it's a bit of a scramble for everyone right now
Old January 31, 2011, 09:28 AM
Banned
F@H

very interesting. in the long run this doesnt probably mean a whole lot. although with

dozer on the horizon its not exactly a prime time for frog ups :)
Old January 31, 2011, 09:38 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

LOOL! I've mistakenly put my SSD and one HDD on Marvell SATA3 ports. It looks like I didn't make a mistake after all.
Old January 31, 2011, 09:41 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

That would be a PITA for the manufacturers to rework, I wonder if they'll just scrap the the whole board and provide new replacements.
Old January 31, 2011, 09:48 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I imagine they'll have to set up a processes that melts the solder, plucks the chipset and replaces it. Unless the revision has a different pinout, the board should still be good. Recycling the working boards seems like the best option.
Old January 31, 2011, 10:39 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibz View Post
I imagine they'll have to set up a processes that melts the solder, plucks the chipset and replaces it. Unless the revision has a different pinout, the board should still be good. Recycling the working boards seems like the best option.
maybe economically. but all the consumers (including myself) would have to wait for a very long time before they get their board back.