Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 19, 2011, 10:32 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Lian Li's Lancool Brand Launching First Knight Series

Lancool,maker of mid to high-end computer chassis for over twenty years, has launched three, new, mid-tower PC cases: thePC-K57, the PC-K59, and the PC-K63. Utilizing their affiliation with high-end chassis manufacturer Lian-Li, Lancool has designed all three of these PC cases with anti-vibration, tool-less installations of components, all-black SE... [ Read full article ]
Old January 19, 2011, 12:48 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Lancool, maker of mid to high-end computer chassis for over twenty years, has launched three, new, mid-tower PC cases: the PC-K57, the PC-K59, and the PC-K63. Utilizing their affiliation with high-end chassis manufacturer Lian-Li, Lancool has designed all three of these PC cases with anti-vibration, tool-less installations of components, all-black SECC steel exteriors, and superior thermal performance capabilities, while providing exceptional aesthetic appeal.
Sacrilege!!!!! To the stocks with the anti-aluminum heathens!!!!!

Seriously though, the word "steel" should never be used in the same context as Lian-Li, and on top of that.... it states "all black" in the first para, but the images of the interior don't jive with that selling point.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old January 19, 2011, 12:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

wow after loving my lancool drangonlord these a real let down. i weep for lian li
Old January 19, 2011, 12:58 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Sacrilege!!!!! To the stocks with the anti-aluminum heathens!!!!!

Seriously though, the word "steel" should never be used in the same context as Lian-Li, and on top of that.... it states "all black" in the first para, but the images of the interior don't jive with that selling point.
I thought that's what Lancool was, steel versions of LiLi cases for the mass market?
Old January 19, 2011, 01:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

who said

Quote:
extremely sexy
was it fixt?
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.
Old January 19, 2011, 01:02 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Yea, Lancool is the subsidiary of Lian-Li that makes steel versions of Lian-Li cases. And it says all black exteriors, not interiors.
Old January 19, 2011, 01:17 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphikratous View Post
Yea, Lancool is the subsidiary of Lian-Li that makes steel versions of Lian-Li cases. And it says all black exteriors, not interiors.

Heh.... that it does, and I can't even claim that the text was changed after the fact as it's right there in the text I copied... dunno why I thought it said interiors, although I suppose it just seems a bit strange to make a point of it for the exterior.

Is lancool an actual subsidiary, and/or is the affiliation with Lian-Li something new on the market?

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old January 19, 2011, 01:24 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Heh.... that it does, and I can't even claim that the text was changed after the fact as it's right there in the text I copied... dunno why I thought it said interiors, although I suppose it just seems a bit strange to make a point of it for the exterior.
Ah, don't worry about it, poop and a nap and everything will be all better. Maybe get one of the caretakers to read it to you next time

So many old fart jokes, so little time

Quote:
Is lancool an actual subsidiary, and/or is the affiliation with Lian-Li something new on the market?
Direct subsidiary of Lian-Li. In fact their retail package boxes have the Lian-Li logo on them
Old January 19, 2011, 01:25 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:

Heh, yea it is kind of pointless. Not too mention that most of the exterior is quite clearly plastic and not steel.

As far as I know Lancool was created by Lian-Li, and I'm pretty confident it stayed a subsidiary. Its why, for instance, all the Lancool products on Newegg are listed under Lian-Li and all have Lian-Li in their name. Its Lian-Li Lancool as far as I can tell.

Dyammit Fixt.
Old January 19, 2011, 01:33 PM
MVP
F@H

Loved my PC-K62s. Hate the PC-K63, at least on picture. Maybe it looks "better" in person.

PSXeven. Batards of the World Unite!
The gap between happiness and utter misery is only but a few inches