Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 18, 2011, 02:06 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Fractal Design Expands Chassis Lineup at CES 2011

Unfortunately due to a rather frustrating electronic storage error, our photo's from our visit with Fractal Design at CES 2011 in Las Vegas were a bit delayed. Thankfully, things were retrieved and so we can show off exactly what consumers can look forward to from the blossoming Swedish based company over the next year. Fractal Design appeared on ... [ Read full article ]
Old January 18, 2011, 08:08 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Still no side windows? Q_Q
Old January 18, 2011, 10:01 PM
Top Prospect

Their focus is on silence, so a side window would defeat the purpose of installing noise dampening material. You can always mod cases to your taste though. :)
Old January 18, 2011, 11:51 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Thumbs up 30000000...00...0

Nice cases, another candidate for potential new builds. Though whenever I see overly long product numbers like this, it makes me thinkg of corny infomercials and silly B-moves. 'Buy Core3000!!! It will slice & dice your produce, vacuum your carpets and clean dishes all at once. Buy now, operators are waiting' And there is Mystery Science Theater 3000...
Old January 20, 2011, 11:54 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Err... I love Fractal products like the next guy but the Core Series... ugh... why does the outside remind me so much of the Antec 300 for the exterior look. These new products may appeal to most of you, but i'm slightly disappointed at how the R3 just appears to be superior due to its better look and comes with the bonus of noise dampening material already applied. The Arcs look very nice as it looks like it may provide the highest passive airflow but I guess it's got no way of beating an Antec Lanboy where it's just full of holes. The thinner metal used in the Core Series is a major plus if it can survive the weight of someone sitting on it randomly and the ease to carry it when its movement is needed.

Again, I may be the odd person out, but I come out somewhat disappointed at Fractal's showcase.
Old January 21, 2011, 06:57 PM
MVP
F@H

I like the Fractal shoebox.