Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 12, 2011, 05:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Lol so many comment about last year OCZ ram being crap XD And I agree, At least they don't do that because they have to so they will keep giving service for year. OCZ have ear perfect SSD so to me it's a win win for every one. Finally, I agree that their PSU deserve the same.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 12, 2011, 09:53 PM
Sylak

I had 2 set of ddr2-800 from OCZ in the pass the gold ones ( i just change some ddr2 800 from them for G.skill ddr 2 1066) never had trouble in fact i love them, good value for money, in the ddr2 range that is. (I havent change my MB still a Am2+ with a 965 BE at 3.8ghz) But, i must admit that g.Skill look more and more like the new one for me. But OCZ SSD really look good, in fact i'm shopping some vertex 2
Old January 12, 2011, 10:00 PM
Rookie

Their Vertex series of SSDs have proven to be a top choice for gamers, and for good reason. Hopefully this means we'll be seeing more great SSDs from OCZ.

Vertex 3 already looks very promising.
Old January 13, 2011, 08:16 AM
Unregistered

Default OCZ RMA... the best I know...

Just did an RMA for my OCZ700MXS Pro powersupply. The thing was at a great price and lasted me for 1 year and half, but it was getting noisy at load after a while. So I asked for a RMA... and got a 750W Fatal1ty... a 2 time more expensive and better power supply... SO YOU THINK I WILL COMPLAIN? Simply awesome customer support...

By the way, their PSU are perfect, never got much of a problem or concern except this little story. You cannot beat their quality at that price... simple as that.

By the way, the only memory I ever bought was OCZ platinum... why? Because it is the most reliable and compatible memory, period... well, as for the gold brand, I understand the fuzz, they were really bad lately.

I prefer them than overpriced Corsair...
Old January 13, 2011, 08:19 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just did an RMA for my OCZ700MXS Pro powersupply. The thing was at a great price and lasted me for 1 year and half, but it was getting noisy at load after a while. So I asked for a RMA... and got a 750W Fatal1ty... a 2 time more expensive and better power supply... SO YOU THINK I WILL COMPLAIN? Simply awesome customer support...

By the way, their PSU are perfect, never got much of a problem or concern except this little story. You cannot beat their quality at that price... simple as that.

By the way, the only memory I ever bought was OCZ platinum... why? Because it is the most reliable and compatible memory, period... well, as for the gold brand, I understand the fuzz, they were really bad lately.

I prefer them than overpriced Corsair...
Johnnyguru would disagree with you on the PSU front I'm sure. Going from memory you won't see me with a FSP unit in my computer anytime soon.
The list for me is, 8 dead, of which 2 were done twice.

I'd pay more for a PSU to get more, Seasonic branded units, or Enhance for me.
Good to hear yours did well.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 13, 2011, 08:42 AM
Allstar
F@H

We can all read a review for a certain product but as long as we are happy with the product, those reviews don't mean a thing. So far 1 pair of RAM is defective as per the user I gave it to. My oldest OCZ products, 600W ModXtreme and ddr2 800, are still alive and kicking. The shitiest product I got from OCZ is their mouse, I am on the 3rd and it is crappy.

Old January 13, 2011, 08:51 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_zappa View Post
We can all read a review for a certain product but as long as we are happy with the product, those reviews don't mean a thing. So far 1 pair of RAM is defective as per the user I gave it to. My oldest OCZ products, 600W ModXtreme and ddr2 800, are still alive and kicking. The shitiest product I got from OCZ is their mouse, I am on the 3rd and it is crappy.

True, and i'm not with how many died. And now that I can read a review I know why they died.

I was merely saying that as a place to look for what is what in the PSU world.

And I know, most people hit on ultra, but for 33 builds and only 1 RMA I don't complain, so I do understand the mentality but I wanted to chime in my luck has been less than ideal with them.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 13, 2011, 09:00 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I havent bought OCZ memory since DDR1, says it all for me. They kill themselves with those MIRs that everyone hates.

OCZ doesn't manufacture this own memory so dropping a part of the company that is no longer profitable is an easy decision Im sure.
Old January 13, 2011, 09:49 AM
Allstar

I agree that their mice sucks ass as well, and they overuse MIRs to the point of abuse
Gigabyte HD 6970 OC
Gigabyte Z68X-UDH3-B3
Seasonic 760W
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
CM690 w/ 1-80mm, 6-120mm fans.
Old January 13, 2011, 12:29 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
I havent bought OCZ memory since DDR1, says it all for me. They kill themselves with those MIRs that everyone hates.

OCZ doesn't manufacture this own memory so dropping a part of the company that is no longer profitable is an easy decision Im sure.
I actually don't mind OCZ MIRs. You register on the website, and it allows you to see when they get the thing in the mail, and if all the paperwork is in order. I forgot one of the UPC codes and they e-mailed me telling me to send it to them so they can get me my MIR. I did this and voilla, there is my 15 bucks just as promised. I went to staples and bought a printer, gave them the MIR and told them it had 15 dollars on it and it worked no problem.

Auzentech rebates however, I haven't heard a peep about my 50 dollar rebate. Luckily I photocopied all the paperwork.