Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10, 2011, 09:04 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default CES 2011: More Cooler Master Storm Products & A New Water Cooler

This year's CES was an exciting time for Cooler Master, as the company expands its CM Storm lineup with a new range of products while finally launching a new water cooling solution after years of absence....

[ Read full article ]
Old January 10, 2011, 09:49 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I <3 you CM :)

All of these things look great. Curious now on the performance of that cpu cooler, I need a new one. I hope it's better than the h50/h70
Old January 11, 2011, 09:24 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

All I wanted for Christmas was my 2 front tee... err I mean I wanted a replacement to the old CM 830 stacker.

I passed mine onto the kids when I "upgraded" a few months ago.
Been missing it ever since. *sigh*

Here's wishful thinking... doubt it will happen but I'm sure whatever they have up their sleeves should be interesting.

So SKY, I understand you guys are under NDA.
Can you at least tell us when the NDA lifts?
Old January 11, 2011, 09:34 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Awesome , what I am really liking is that they are now allowing software controls on all these various bits of computer coolers and fans we have.

That to me is a step in the right direction.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 11, 2011, 11:43 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampa View Post
All I wanted for Christmas was my 2 front tee... err I mean I wanted a replacement to the old CM 830 stacker.

I passed mine onto the kids when I "upgraded" a few months ago.
Been missing it ever since. *sigh*

Here's wishful thinking... doubt it will happen but I'm sure whatever they have up their sleeves should be interesting.

So SKY, I understand you guys are under NDA.
Can you at least tell us when the NDA lifts?
On a completely unrelated not; it was snowing today :( Ahh the dog days of winter. I'm really looking forward to spring.
Old January 11, 2011, 01:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

Can't see that waterblock being anything special. By today's standards, the fins are bulky, and stacking the metal arrays like that means there isn't actually a true continuous metal path from the CPU contact plate to the fins. Same reason we need to use TIM to get a heatsink cooling properly.
Old January 11, 2011, 04:11 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Great products being announced. I like the new Storm case and the CPU Cooler. Be interesting to see how it benches up compared to the other offerings.
Old January 13, 2011, 08:04 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I was hoping to see a new revision or replacement of the ATCS 840. Hoping for something similar with a black interior and rubber grommets (I guess similar to the 800D), and with USB 3.0 front connectors.
Fold for team #54196
Old January 13, 2011, 11:09 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
I was hoping to see a new revision or replacement of the ATCS 840. Hoping for something similar with a black interior and rubber grommets (I guess similar to the 800D), and with USB 3.0 front connectors.
Seconded. Quick question though, if you have a removable motherboard tray, wouldn't that discourage routing cables behind the tray, since they would all be tied on to the tray and would need to be cut off once you want to pull the tray out?
Old January 14, 2011, 05:09 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegUsher View Post
Seconded. Quick question though, if you have a removable motherboard tray, wouldn't that discourage routing cables behind the tray, since they would all be tied on to the tray and would need to be cut off once you want to pull the tray out?
The removable tray is not something I have ever used, so I route my cables behind there anyways.
Fold for team #54196