Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 6, 2011, 04:05 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default CES 2011: Corsair Chooses CoolIT to Produce Upcoming Liquid Cooling Products

New partnership between two industry luminaries could put the screws to the competition in a big way. CoolIT Systems, leaders in advanced liquid cooling technology, has teamed with Corsair to launch a new liquid cooling performance platform starting with the Hydro Series H60. Additionally, CoolIT has worked extensively with the Corsair product tea...

[ Read full article ]
Old January 6, 2011, 04:42 AM
Banned

interesting anouncement & also means more jobs for calgary folks too I asume :D
Old January 6, 2011, 05:16 AM
Unregistered

Eh?

This seems like a strange partnership considering Corsairs (or was it Asetek) previous products beat CoolIts attempts. We shall have to wait and see the spawn of this unholy pairing!
Old January 6, 2011, 05:54 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Eh?

This seems like a strange partnership considering Corsairs (or was it Asetek) previous products beat CoolIts attempts. We shall have to wait and see the spawn of this unholy pairing!

I don't recall if asetek ever really beat Coolit, more or less they had the same performance for the most part in my experience.
That being said I do think this is a better partnership, with Coolit not only a canadian company but one whom can design a much better mounting system and overall sealed cooler.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 6, 2011, 08:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

A canadian based company wins a contract. I say good.

I wonder how many of thoses watercooling units corsair managed to sell.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old January 6, 2011, 01:22 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrybear View Post
interesting anouncement & also means more jobs for calgary folks too I asume :D
Yes, that's all I can see of the city now.

A ton of red jersey's, and a bunch of people swinging the CoolIT cpu heatsinks around windmill style about to launch and take off. (in reference to CoolIT's unique way of testing coolers for leakage)

Nonetheless great work!
I've used products from both companies.
Will be interesting to see what they come up with.
Old January 6, 2011, 01:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I can't say I'm happy to hear this other than potentially more jobs in Calgary, although I'm not convinced that will happen either. My experiences with Coolit's service and products have left a bad impression to the point where I will not deal with them again or recommend their products to my customers period. I can only hope that the infusion of cash from Corsair will improve every aspect of the company otherwise this move could very well be bad news for Corsair....but thats just me opinion.

Old January 7, 2011, 05:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzn4evr View Post
I can't say I'm happy to hear this other than potentially more jobs in Calgary
Only in marketing, the rest goes Magicool in China.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old January 7, 2011, 07:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thats kind of what I was referring to when I said "...I'm not convinced that will happen either". I didn't think they actually manufactured their own units in Calgary.

Old January 8, 2011, 05:59 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Corsair Chooses CoolIT to Produce Upcoming Liquid Cooling Products

CoolIt Systems made a couple more announcements at CES 2011

CoolIT Systems Announces Partnership with Systemax

" Calgary, AB – January 6, 2011 – CoolIT Systems, leaders in advanced liquid cooling technology, announced today their partnership with Systemax, one of the largest online retailers for computers and consumer electronics. Systemax PCs can be found under several large brand names including TigerDirect, Circuit City, CompUSA and Global Computer Suppliers, as well as their own trademarks Systemax™ and Ultra™. "

CoolIT Systems Announces Partnership with Systemax | bit-tech.net

CoolIT Systems Announces New System Builder Program

" Calgary, AB – January 5, 2011 – CoolIT Systems, leaders in advanced liquid cooling technology, announced today the launch of their Partner Program that will dedicate resources and focus on the System Builder market. The product offerings will be diversified from their already extensive portfolio with additional emphasis on custom cooling options such as 140mm radiators and low profile cooling head units. "

CoolIT Systems Announces New System Builder Program

Homer J. Simpson