Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 8, 2011, 08:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

This could be bad or it could be really good.

It could be good because it could help Coolit really get off the ground and become a great company

or

Corsair will buy out Coolit and absolve it for themselves.
Old January 8, 2011, 04:23 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

More news on the CoolIt front (just got it in my email inbox this afternoon).

Inno3D integrates CoolIT Systems’ Advanced Liquid Cooler on Graphics Cards

" Calgary, AB – January 7, 2011 – CoolIT Systems, leaders in advanced liquid cooling technology, announced today their partnership with Inno3D, who develop a comprehensive variety of 3D graphic board accelerators for the OEM and OED markets. Inno3D will be combining their GTX 580 Black Series graphics card with CoolIT Systems’ innovative OMNI ALC liquid GPU cooler.

“Inno3D is known for bringing the best available technologies to market and we love innovations that allow us to optimize board performance and acoustics. Working with CoolIT on our iChill GTX 580 Black Series has allowed us to create the perfect combination of raw performance, silence and ease of use. When you pair the fastest GPU in the world with the best possible thermal solution, the results are simply outstanding” Says Derek NG, Marketing Manager of Inno3D.

The OMNI Advanced Liquid Cooling unit by CoolIT Systems has been well received in the after market GPU cooling market with its universally compatible design. Now, Inno3d will sell the iChill GTX 580 with the entire sealed liquid loop already integrated on the card. The customer can now have all the advantages of liquid cooling without having to disassemble the stock cooling or deal with any plumbing. "

“Partnership through technology is our focus at CoolIT” said Geoff Lyon, President and CEO at CoolIT “Forward thinking brands like Inno3D are well positioned to reap the benefits of liquid cooling and we’re proud to partner with them on this Integrated GPU Solution”.

Now, if CoolIt Systems could only produce a CPU cooler that actually cooled better than air :-)

Homer J. Simpson
Old January 8, 2011, 11:14 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Actually, I was talking with a few guys at the show and here is how it works:

Corsair will act as CoolIT's retail channel which means we will no longer see any CoolIT-branded products for purchase. All future products will have the Corsair logo on it. There are a number of reasons why this is a great move since Corsair has a great distribution and marketing structure and with their engineering experience bring CoolIT's products to the next level. I'll be posting some stuff about the H60 tomorrow (errr...today) and it really looks like an excellent solution with some great software attached to it which was jointly developed by the two companies.

One thing to remember is that Corsair has an in-house engineering team which means I have yet to see second / third party product make it through their labs without getting some changes attached to it. That goes for heatsinks, liquid coolers, power supplies, etc. IMO, that means a lot since they are one of the few companies who isn't satisfied to just pop their sticker on a product and push it through the door.
Old January 8, 2011, 11:21 PM
MVP

All these announcements of partnerships, CoolIt is making huge inroads here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAN69 View Post
Now, if CoolIt Systems could only produce a CPU cooler that actually cooled better than air :-)
Just give it time. I am sure that these kinds of products will get better and better in the future.