Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 6, 2011, 01:13 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default GIGABYTE Launches G1-Killer Series Motherboards

<p>Finally, after months of anticipation, GIGABYTE has revealed its first ever gaming focused motherboard lineup; the G1-Killer series.While GIGABYTE is no stranger toaccepting and encouraging"niche" enthusiast markets, the company has generally been reserved inoffering specific products for them. The G1-Killer series is exactly that, a whole line ... [ Read full article ]
Old January 6, 2011, 03:40 AM
Hall Of Fame

I'm a little confused at the beginning of the article it says that the entire G1 Killer line has the x-fi chip, but at the end (at least how I understand it) it says the G1-Guerrilla does not have it.

Not really sure what I think of those heatsinks, though as long as they do their job I suppose it doesn't really matter.
Old January 6, 2011, 06:33 AM
Top Prospect

Yes I am a bit confused about the X-Fi as well.

To me at least, those heatsinks are comically ugly.
Old January 6, 2011, 07:40 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

The Geurrilla uses the Creative X-Fi software solution, not the dedicated sound card - clarified in the article.
Old January 6, 2011, 07:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

Thanks for that FiXT
Old January 6, 2011, 09:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Pure sex. However two things have me concerned. The price, and the NPU. Of course, price isn't a factor for true enthusiasts and not people like me who game on the side. The NPU though, I've seen reviews and they don't really change anything in terms of reducing lag. Plus with the Internet we get here in Canada, let's just say it's useless...
Old January 6, 2011, 11:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Are these X58 or P67 boards? Seems a little late to be coming to the X58 party, no matter how much of a paradigm shift it may be for Gigabyte.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old January 6, 2011, 12:17 PM
MVP

My System Specs

The headphone amplifier is a really good idea, and actually adds real value to the product, as opposed to dubious 'additions' like eight PCIe slots or the Bigfoot chip that's also included on the board.
Old January 6, 2011, 12:21 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
Are these X58 or P67 boards? Seems a little late to be coming to the X58 party, no matter how much of a paradigm shift it may be for Gigabyte.
I'm gonna guess at least for the board that I see in the pictures that its X58 due to 2 sets of 3 RAM Slots which is indictive of Tri-Channel Memory.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 6, 2011, 01:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Are these our pictures? If so, why wasn't a decent flash brought along for the trip?

Hardware/feature wise, these look promising, but that SB heatsink...is...different