Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 17, 2010, 11:21 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default EVGA P67 Classified Motherboard Spotted

EVGA's Classified series boards have always been the premier products in the companies line, but the recently spotted EVGA P67 LGA-1155 Classified motherboard appears to be on a whole new level of awesome. The Sandy Bridge board is ready for anything and everything, geared towards the hardcore enthusiast with dual 8-pin CPU power plugs, a 12-phase... [ Read full article ]
Old December 17, 2010, 12:14 PM
Top Prospect

Really nice layout, such as the dual 8pin placement and a rotated 24pin connector.
But the Classified logo on the SB looks a bit cheap.
otherwise, it looks awesome.
Old December 17, 2010, 12:54 PM
Banned
F@H

actually if you have a big cooler itll be quite hard to get at them, but its good that theyre not in the middle of the whole thing..

lets see where they put the extra molex for power ;)
Old December 17, 2010, 01:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Should I be surprised that they've made a "Classified" board for P67? I would have thought they would reserve the Classy for X68...

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old December 17, 2010, 02:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

The angled 24-pin is nice, hope it becomes a trend in other boards. Would have liked to see UEFI as a feature, but I guess it's still in early stages of adoption for PC. Also looks a little light on heatsinking, considering that earlier Classifieds tended to get hot in that area once you turned up the frequency. Is EVGA sticking with the digital VRM's for it's classified models? Or is the increase in phases because they're going down to analog.
Old December 17, 2010, 02:40 PM
Top Prospect

I would love to see an overclocking / gaming oriented MATX board too!
Old December 17, 2010, 03:05 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
Should I be surprised that they've made a "Classified" board for P67? I would have thought they would reserve the Classy for X68...
EVGA made a P55 Classified as well as the X58. It's kind of their "Super Ultimate" brand now, like ASUS Republic of Gamers boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
The angled 24-pin is nice, hope it becomes a trend in other boards. Would have liked to see UEFI as a feature, but I guess it's still in early stages of adoption for PC. Also looks a little light on heatsinking, considering that earlier Classifieds tended to get hot in that area once you turned up the frequency. Is EVGA sticking with the digital VRM's for it's classified models? Or is the increase in phases because they're going down to analog.
Is it not UEFI? Every other P67 board I've seen is UEFI in the specs, and I thought it was a requirement for the chipset.
Old December 17, 2010, 04:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
EVGA made a P55 Classified as well as the X58. It's kind of their "Super Ultimate" brand now, like ASUS Republic of Gamers boards.
Right you are - I completely forgot about the P55 Classy. Goes to show how irrelevant that board is, I guess.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old December 17, 2010, 05:10 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Is it not UEFI? Every other P67 board I've seen is UEFI in the specs, and I thought it was a requirement for the chipset.
Hopefully it uses EFI, because their bioses could always use some work.
Old December 17, 2010, 05:27 PM
Top Prospect

Well then, instead of buying an X58 maybe ill go with this one instead? xD