Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 15, 2010, 12:38 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMan View Post
Steam is a type of DRM. They clearly said no DRM whatsoever.
They give you key to a place to download the games. And that's it.
But people still prefer Steam hence why any previous purchases received a free Steam key to register it on Steam instead. Personally ,I prefer us using Valve's bandwidth rather to save the developers some cost.
Old December 15, 2010, 03:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
But people still prefer Steam hence why any previous purchases received a free Steam key to register it on Steam instead. Personally ,I prefer us using Valve's bandwidth rather to save the developers some cost.
Not to mention with steam you get achievements, friends list for chat, and an in game web browser on every title (even non steam games have this! If you add a non steam game to your steam library and launch it from there you will get steam overlay!!!! ).

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old December 18, 2010, 06:22 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Edit: On second thought, I'm a little torn. On the one hand they're unique games but they don't seem to be worth the default $30 price tag. Afterall, the Orange Box was on special for $10 and that had 6 games that probably required much more hours to develop.

Yet on the other hand, they're indie developers and they obviously can't command the sort of manpower that a big company like Valve can. Their games are developed from the bottom up, and if I pay $5 that's like $1 a game, which is about the price of an app on a smartphone. The game developers likely spent much more time on making the game than the average $1 app.

Last edited by Dave510; December 18, 2010 at 06:27 AM.