Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 14, 2010, 12:16 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Corsair Launches Low Voltage 2133MHz DDR3 DIMMs

Corsair today announced the launch of a new, highly overclocked, low voltage memory kit. This 4GB Dominator GT memory kit, implemented using a matched pair of 2GB DIMMs, is guaranteed to operate at 2133MHz, with latency settings of 9-11-9-27, and at a memory voltage of only 1.5V. ?We have seen an increasing number of requests from overclockers for... [ Read full article ]
Old December 14, 2010, 12:26 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

since when did "overclockers" starting asking for higher clock speeds at lower voltages on memory? must have been a epidemic i missed of 1.65v on memory being too much draw for power bills once the temperatures dropped.

sorry, but i am not buying what is being sold here. call it what it is. you found an IC that you could bin to run these clocks at 1.5v...don't try selling it as something "overclockers" asked for.
Old December 14, 2010, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

The prupose isn't really for "green" memory, since they only take a couple of watts, but it provides more room for overclocking (MOAR voltage). The article never said anything about saving power.
Old December 14, 2010, 01:55 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The prupose isn't really for "green" memory, since they only take a couple of watts, but it provides more room for overclocking (MOAR voltage). The article never said anything about saving power.
playing devils advocate, the article never said anything about providing better overclocking by increasing voltage either.
Old December 14, 2010, 06:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
since when did "overclockers" starting asking for higher clock speeds at lower voltages on memory? must have been a epidemic i missed of 1.65v on memory being too much draw for power bills once the temperatures dropped.

sorry, but i am not buying what is being sold here. call it what it is. you found an IC that you could bin to run these clocks at 1.5v...don't try selling it as something "overclockers" asked for.
IF there was ever one person to trust on memory related things, its you 3oh6, and I have to agree with you.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 14, 2010, 06:38 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

All I'll say is that it's Corsair, when's the last time you saw a bad hardware launch that was from Corsair? I think that Corsair is simply implying that overclockers will appreciate the lower VDimm required to run this kit, because naturally Mr Average Joe wouldn't even look at the Dominator GT brand anyway.
-Corsair H-50 + 2x Cooler Master R4
-Asus RoG Rampage III Extreme
-6GB OCZ Platinum Triple Channel DDR3-1600 [7-7-7-20]
-2x EVGA GTX 295+ Quad SLI
-Corsair HX-1000
-WD 160GB Raptor 10000RPM
-WD 1000GB Black 7200RPM

http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1249140.png
Old December 14, 2010, 06:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post

Heh back in the DDR days...OCZ Voltage booster.

No seriously I hear you, nice try Corsair....... wait I cant see there is all this wool on my face........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old December 14, 2010, 06:46 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Sweet tech, when for i7?

this is good news, I'm staying optimistic they'll release a kit like this for i7
I'll be building a new rig in January and I want dominator gt's, was planning to get two gt 2000 kits running at 1.65v...