Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 1, 2010, 04:46 AM
MVP

My System Specs

If anything, I would hope Corsair made the rads bigger to use at least a 120mm fan instead of 92mm.
Old December 1, 2010, 05:09 AM
Hall Of Fame

Interesting, although the smaller 92mm form factor is probably going to limit performance in anything that a good air heatsink couldn't also handle.

First model should be 545LC, I think.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:20 AM
Unregistered Blip

Default not for OCing

Theses are for making quite computers, My DIY system runs cool with my CPU oced to high speed (i5 750@4.4 1.35v) with only temps that only increase 7C over idle Ive never seen 40C, you can bet these setups you will be seeing temps of 50C+. I just cannot see these working any better then I high end air cooled heatpipe cooler just quieter.
Old December 1, 2010, 06:35 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

As much as I applaud the recent consumer-market trends for water cooling (e.g. systems like Corsair's 50 and 70), why do these manufacturers create cool, cost-effective setups and then f*ck the product up at the last moment by using an obsolete, small 92mm fan setup?!
Main: Intel 2600K @ 4.8GHz | Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 | 16GB Corsair DDR3-2000 | 2 x 240GB Corsair Force 3 in RAID1 | 2 x 4TB Hitachi 7K4000 | 3 x 2TB WD Caviar Black | Antec 1200 | Seasonic XP-860 Platinum | 2GB GTX 670 | 2 x 27" Asus VE278Q | Asus Essence ST | Win7 Pro 64-bit
Old December 1, 2010, 06:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oversized Rooster View Post
As much as I applaud the recent consumer-market trends for water cooling (e.g. systems like Corsair's 50 and 70), why do these manufacturers create cool, cost-effective setups and then f*ck the product up at the last moment by using an obsolete, small 92mm fan setup?!
So to quote myself here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
They're all 92mm to my knowledge, they're meant for a 3U case.
It's meant for servers, not your freakin desktops. Sure you can use it for a desktop computer, but it's not what it was brought to life for.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old December 1, 2010, 06:54 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered Blip View Post
Theses are for making quite computers, My DIY system runs cool with my CPU oced to high speed (i5 750@4.4 1.35v) with only temps that only increase 7C over idle Ive never seen 40C, you can bet these setups you will be seeing temps of 50C+. I just cannot see these working any better then I high end air cooled heatpipe cooler just quieter.
However, you have servers rammed into small spaces, and with no room for 'high end' Air coolers. As those need to be towers and real estate is at a premium in those setups. Which is why as well the Cooler uses 92mm fans.

Much better option than the blowers we see on server CPU's.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com