Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 26, 2010, 04:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

show up at 7am? you were lucky... you could get parts what you want... compare to me...

i come to there at 9:30am and stand outside for 3 hours... there is too many mishandling boxes and old/discounnected parts (just few goodies) finally i only found one non-opening box of cm690 II for 30cdn... i was not too happy about it but i have to find a good case for my younger brother... i mean i just want 1tb hard drive, possibly gpu and hf912...

i will not do it again... i mean most people at there are pathetic and rude... i also got hit the intel dolls by the girl... twice... >_>;

i saw fixt (i think) set up another table to assist two cashers because there is a long line of buyers... thats very wonderful business...
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.
Old November 26, 2010, 10:54 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Aww that's a bummer CTA - There really was a ton of good deals for pretty much all of the day. By the end people were still walking out with armfuls.

The idea of the sale was that is was an open box/ refurb / returned sale. Though there were some new stuff, it was a "Clearence" sale. 99% of every was waaayy below cost, and some huge discounts, most over 50% off

After it was all over I actually was able to walk away with a NEC 23IN IPS Moniter for an undisclosed sum below $150. I couldn't BELIEVE no one had grabbed it, it was the only one too! Guess no one else has a use for something like that. The 24in for $109 were big sellers.

And ya, that would have been me you spotted - brown shirt, tallest guy in there probably Should have said hi
Old November 26, 2010, 10:59 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Aww that's a bummer CTA - There really was a ton of good deals for pretty much all of the day. By the end people were still walking out with armfuls.

The idea of the sale was that is was an open box/ refurb / returned sale. Though there were some new stuff, it was a "Clearence" sale. 99% of every was below cost, and some huge discounts, over 50% of cost in some cases

After it was all over I actually was able to walk away with a NEC 23IN IPS Moniter for an undisclosed sum below $150. I couldn't BELIEVE no one had grabbed it, it was the only one too! Guess no one else has a use for something like that. The 24in for $109 were big sellers.

And ya, that would have been me you spotted - brown shirt, tallest guy in there probably Should have said hi
Hahah, Open one up in Brampton/Mississauga now FIXT so I can get in on some of these deals. And work there too!!

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 26, 2010, 11:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would have bought 3 24" monitors for surround vision.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old November 26, 2010, 11:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Hahah, Open one up in Brampton/Mississauga now FIXT so I can get in on some of these deals. And work there too!!

ST
DO IT. the people at Canada Computers suck so far towards me, besides the one English guy.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old November 26, 2010, 11:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post

The idea of the sale was that is was an open box/ refurb / returned sale. Though there were some new stuff, it was a "Clearence" sale. 99% of every was waaayy below cost, and some huge discounts, most over 50% off

then i am correct... it must be you... i just saw you on the contest video at youtube... i met you but i dont say anything except thanks...

honestly, this is my first experience... i see many item are not good as it should be... and mostly item are worthless... shayan's missing cable for example... and the paper at the front store said... some item might be cosmetic mark, dead pixel, etc... why not put it on the advertise... fine word is fine...

if you actually work there... i suggest you to organize your sale/plan more better.. i mean two casher plan and make us to stand outside for a long time is ridiculous...

and curious... is this event your first time?

btw yes some price is good... but thats how the business is... i also resist myself to not buy old, disconnect or whatever... i only get what i need... >_>;

and why no watercooling parts :\
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.
Old November 27, 2010, 07:42 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Woah looks like there were some insane deals to be had. I would go down to Toronto if they had one there. BTW open a store in Ottawa please!
Old November 27, 2010, 03:06 PM
Rookie

Spent half a grand on this sale. Sigh still need a video card, HD and some memory. Thanks NCIX, but my wallet hates you