Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 19, 2010, 06:13 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default NVIDIA Challenging AMD's Image Quality

Sit back and grab the popcorn boys, this is likely to get interesting. NVIDIA wrote a blog post this morning, reporting the findings of multiple independent third party review websites that claim changes in AMD's Catalyst 10.10 default driver settings cause an increase in performance at the expense of decreased image quality.While individual games... [ Read full article ]
Old November 19, 2010, 06:18 PM
Unregistered Dude

Unhappy

I remember a time when Nvidia employed engineers to produce excellent products. Now they employ bloggers to spread lies about the competition.
Old November 19, 2010, 06:22 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered Dude View Post
I remember a time when Nvidia employed engineers to produce excellent products. Now they employ bloggers to spread lies about the competition.
I see you didn't bother to read the NVIDIA blog post
Old November 19, 2010, 06:37 PM
Unregistered Dude

@FiXT

I see you didn't bother to read HardOCP IQ analysis when GTX 480 came out. It's pot calling the kettle black.
Old November 19, 2010, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

I wouldn't worry much about HWC, it's generally known they're usually more in favor of team green over team red with the reviews and news postings. Not nearly to the level of many other sites (shills) out there, but you could hardly say SKY doesn't have a certain bias for everything nVidia puts out.
Old November 19, 2010, 06:44 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Interesting. However I reserve judgement until community members over forums like HWC, EVGA, OCN, [H], etc run some tests of their own. Around the Christmas season too, and with images of the dual GF110 PCB and Nvidia's claim surrounding Antilles' delay, we're in for one crazy December.
-Corsair H-50 + 2x Cooler Master R4
-Asus RoG Rampage III Extreme
-6GB OCZ Platinum Triple Channel DDR3-1600 [7-7-7-20]
-2x EVGA GTX 295+ Quad SLI
-Corsair HX-1000
-WD 160GB Raptor 10000RPM
-WD 1000GB Black 7200RPM

http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1249140.png
Old November 19, 2010, 06:44 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
@FiXT

I see you didn't bother to read HardOCP IQ analysis when GTX 480 came out. It's pot calling the kettle black.
Nope, HardOCP is definitely not on the list of review websites I refer to

I'm not saying NVIDIA's word is god here, but your use of the word "lie" implies that their claims of IQ reduction is falsified, made up, not factual and has no basis.

When in fact, it appears quite the opposite and the actual changes are completely true. I highly doubt NVIDIA would publicly call out a rival company like that based on a "hunch" or a "made up story". That would in fact be grounds for a lawsuit or should I explain the definition of libel?

Now... whether it is blown out of proportion, biasly interpreted, limited in its testing reproduction, or has a smaller effect than the NVIDIA article dictates - well that is entirely likely

But as far as I can tell and observe, the basis of the information contained in the report is not a lie.
Old November 19, 2010, 06:46 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Quote:
@FiXT

That could very well be so, but that doesn't equate to "spreading lies" as you stated in your first post.

"Quality" of image is often subjective, and can vary from one user to another, but there have already been a few comments about the games listed as having improved performance on the latest Cat drivers.... some folks found it a bit strange that all of the improvements seem to be heavily weighted towards games currently being used as benchmarks by hardware reviewers.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old November 19, 2010, 06:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So... How come all four of the sites linked in the blog post are German?

*Edit
And how come I am the first person to ask this here?
Old November 19, 2010, 06:59 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I wouldn't worry much about HWC, it's generally known they're usually more in favor of team green over team red with the reviews and news postings.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And all this time, I've been in favour of "team green" with my 5850's humming along... which I bought, coincidentally, based upon a strong recommendation from SKY's review, among other things... AFTER the GTX 470/480 came out.