Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 18, 2010, 12:44 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default ASRock Showcases LGA-1155 'Sandy Bridge' Motherboards

With companies such as GIGABYTE and ASUS, breaking the silence on the public debut of their upcoming Sandy Bridge, Socket LGA-1155 motherboards, ASRock has jumped in the ring, ready with a full compliment of boards for all market segments.

The company has planned for eight models, four ATX based on the P67 chipset along with one ATX and three mAT... [ Read full article ]
Old November 18, 2010, 01:02 PM
Banned
F@H

finally,someone is listening. i like that extra power connector right on the motherboard. even if it only has 3 pci-e slots....everyone else? take notice. and the mil tuf look? not too bad either.
Old November 18, 2010, 02:21 PM
Top Prospect

P67 Extreme with its V16 looks like Cooler Masters V8 cooler front hahaha
Old November 18, 2010, 02:42 PM
F@H

My System Specs

If the Price is right I think I would honestly give an ASRock a try.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 18, 2010, 02:59 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I'm confused with the "LGA 1155" name. That's before 1156, so will these be low budget motherboards? Looks like from the pictures they are mid range to high performance grade which is confusing.

It's like all the companies decide to switch up their product numbers to confuse everyone so they impulse buy everything out of confusion! It's all a conspiracy!!
Old November 18, 2010, 03:07 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I dont get how one board would differ from another if these chips are bus locked and you would need a K series processor to overclock. But I could be mistaken
Old November 18, 2010, 03:21 PM
Banned
F@H

well, it seems that lga2011(?) is a longer ways off so its a proper way to milk the customer while having him wait. now, if you have 1366, will you go down to p67 just to get the new k chips and drop some mad clocks?
Old November 29, 2010, 01:40 PM
Rookie

@Polygon
Pin count on a cpu socket should never ever been an indicator for performance. If they started naming the new high end quads on this platform core i6, then we would have a conspiracy.