Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 9, 2010, 02:56 PM
MVP

My System Specs

The title is fine, it's absolutely correct and not misleading at all. There is a huge difference between a graphics card and a GPU, much as there is a difference between a CPU and a platform/chipset/motherboard. This is the world's fastest GPU, plain and simple.

As well, the word you're looking for is libel, not slander. And even that's incorrect.
Old November 9, 2010, 03:04 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Than the word "Single" should but put, shouldn't it? Otherwise its slanderous and false. A grab at extra hits maybe? I dunno. But it should be fixed.
But it is telling the truth. It is the world's fastest GPU. Notice, they didn't say fastest "video card;" they said fastest GPU.

I am disappointed that Crytek, apparently, sold out to Nvidia. Don't be surprised if the 6970 whoops the 580 in every game, yet falls flat on its face in Crysis 2.
Old November 9, 2010, 04:11 PM
Banned
F@H

rumors and pr aside, lets wait for the 6900 and see how it does.

what nv has done with gf100 is civilize it, a bit. give it a less spartan look (protruding chest hairs, err, heatpipes and the like). pretty welcome, although a little bit late.

gpgpu differences shall be discussed as well, in good detail, i hope..later on? :)
Old November 11, 2010, 03:09 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by heflys20 View Post
But it is telling the truth. It is the world's fastest GPU. Notice, they didn't say fastest "video card;" they said fastest GPU.

I am disappointed that Crytek, apparently, sold out to Nvidia. Don't be surprised if the 6970 whoops the 580 in every game, yet falls flat on its face in Crysis 2.
Wouldn't be suprised if the 580 also falls flat in Crysis 2 (haha I know its more optimised this time round, but it had to be said :D)