Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 9, 2010, 05:50 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default NVIDIA Launches New GeForce.com Website

Nvidia launches a massive, intuitive new site for GeForce users and gamers alike.Presently, GeForce users who head over to NVIDIA?s main site get bombarded by everything from Tesla to Quadro to ION. It is without a doubt a well-designed corporate site but as their product portfolio has increased in both size and complexity, navigation has become a ... [ Read full article ]
Old November 9, 2010, 03:00 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Very cool. I wanna trade in my xfire 5850s for a GTX 580 now hahahaha... I'm a slave to marketing
Old November 10, 2010, 04:39 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Great little website, especially for a lay-person who is looking for new drivers, or ways to actually use their hardware effectually. However, I think nVidia should further extend this usability by offering their drivers over Steam like ATI.
Old November 10, 2010, 05:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

New driver today but it doesnt support my old 9800 GTX+
Old November 10, 2010, 08:56 PM

Oh I agree.

However, I love this new website.
Old November 10, 2010, 11:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Looks prittty and the information is more acessabe to the users. I didnt see an ovios link from the old site. Then agian I didnt hunt fore one eather.
Old November 10, 2010, 11:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Presently, GeForce users who head over to NVIDIA’s main site get bombarded by everything from Tesla to Quadro to ION.
Holy cow I feel so bombarded! Having GeForce the default option in the menu confuses me because I have a GeForce product and all these other things that are also there but not default make my brain hurt!
This obviously needed to be rectified. *headesk*
nForce, Legacy, 3Dvision and ION are also listed still anyway. All they did was remove Quadro and Tesla from the new menu.

Quote:
Searching for drivers is particularly easy since the driver and software download page is the first section available to anyone who browses GeForce.com.
pretty close to being the same thing with nvidia.com too.. Nothing special there. Hell, even the ATI/AMD site offers driver quick and easy driver finding right on the main page itself!

Also, tell nvidia to stuff this flash based crap back up someplace that I am not allowed to talk about here without upsetting the mods of this forum.
At the very least have a non-flash alternative. Come on.
This is highly disappointing.

Last edited by MacJunky; November 11, 2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old November 11, 2010, 01:19 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I don't understand why Flash is so bad in this implementation. It certainly isn't overbearing, and garish; it's actually quite intuitive, and if you have a PC that struggles with it, you probably aren't going to be accessing GeForce.com in the first place.

If it were purely for driver updates, then this page would be redundant, but nVidia has included quite a few useful tidbits of information that give a casual user or enthusiast an idea of how their PC or a potential one will run. Yes, you can find that on a tech site's reviews and benchmarks, but lay-people aren't familiar with places like HWC. Nothing wrong with that, and since navigation is simple, there's a lot to like with this site.
Old November 11, 2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
Holy cow I feel so bombarded! Having GeForce the default option in the menu confuses me because I have a GeForce product and all these other things that are also there but not default make my brain hurt!
This obviously needed to be rectified. *headesk*
nForce, Legacy, 3Dvision and ION are also listed still anyway. All they did was remove Quadro and Tesla from the new menu.

pretty close to being the same thing with nvidia.com too.. Nothing special there. Hell, even the ATI/AMD site offers driver quick and easy driver finding right on the main page itself!

Also, tell nvidia to stuff this flash based crap back up someplace that I am not allowed to talk about here without upsetting the mods of this forum.
At the very least have a non-flash alternative. Come on.
This is highly disappointing.
A) GeForce is NOT the default option at NVIDIA.com. There is no default option. Rather, the front page is adapted to whatever NVIDIA wants to market that week. Information about cards, specs, etc is buried under layers of links, tabs etc. in the old site.

B) Of course they kept the GeForce-centric products listed on GeForce.com.

C) I personally thing this is one of the best designed sites out there BECAUSE there isn't a non-flash version. It is highly focused upon ease of use and nothing is in-you-face garish in any way. It works VERY well.

What did you want them to use? Performance hogging and half baked HTML5?
Old November 11, 2010, 08:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I like it. And I like that they approached Karoush and got him to start writing guides again. Those guides taught me a lot about game performance. Granted many games today aren't as tweakable as a older ones, but I think there's still enough info from all this tech out there to help people understand how it works and how to get better graphics/performance balance.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE