LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 20, 2007, 09:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Gigabyte Launches Overclocking Contest

This should be interesting .

Quote:
Think you're a hotrod overclocker? If so, then you should enter the Gigabyte overclocking contest, which begins today. Sponsored by motherboard manufacturer Gigabyte, the company is offering some serious prizes, including a $2,500 cash prize plus the latest Gigabyte X48 motherboard, the GA-X48-DQ6, as the grand prize in the Hall of Fame category. There's also a $2,000 top prize (plus motherboard) for the best overclocker to use a Gigabyte P35 motherboard. A total of $12,000 in prizes will be awarded.
Note that the contest does require you to use a Gigabyte X38 or P35 motherboard and Intel CPU. The judging will be based on scores uploaded to the contest website. Contestants are also encouraged to upload a video to YouTube demonstrating the system actually running at the rated clock speed. Judging criteria will be solely based on completed 3DMark06 scores.

The contest begins today, December 20th, 2007. The last day for contest submissions is January 20th, 2008. Prize winners will be announced on January 24th, with prizes shipped roughly two weeks afterwards.
This contest is North America only (Canada and the United States.) Again, you must use an Intel CPU, plus a Gigabyte X38 or P35 motherboard, to keep the playing field level. Contestants must also be 18 or older.
Gigabyte Launches Overclocking Contest
Old December 21, 2007, 10:15 AM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
Quote:
Note that the contest does require you to use a Gigabyte X38 or P35 motherboard
Pfft, go figure huh?
Old December 21, 2007, 10:53 AM
Misoprostol

I hate these kinds of "contests". The guy who can afford the most hardware already wins.... more hardware :p
Old December 21, 2007, 11:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misoprostol View Post
I hate these kinds of "contests". The guy who can afford the most hardware already wins.... more hardware :p
Then we should have our own contest where everybody lists _all_ their hardware (taking pictures and posting thumbnails for proof) and then we look at all the systems and see who has the most average hardware! The people with the most average hardware win.. *drum roll* NOTHING! :D
Or, they could win the title of HWC member with most average hardware and the knowledge that they have average hardware just like most people. :P

How does that sound?

Well, I suppose they could win some HWC merch like a scarf with a HWC logo on it for these Canadian winters or a shirt or a hat or something. That might ruin the fun though.
Old December 21, 2007, 11:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
Then we should have our own contest where everybody lists _all_ their hardware (taking pictures and posting thumbnails for proof) and then we look at all the systems and see who has the most average hardware! The people with the most average hardware win.. *drum roll* NOTHING! :D
Or, they could win the title of HWC member with most average hardware and the knowledge that they have average hardware just like most people. :P

How does that sound?

Well, I suppose they could win some HWC merch like a scarf with a HWC logo on it for these Canadian winters or a shirt or a hat or something. That might ruin the fun though.
Lol I wouldn't do to good since I havn't OC yet but when I finally finish my comp I will. I think that they should have two categories one fore Air and one for water.
I wished that NCIX or DC would sell these Ultra / ChillTec / Socket 939/775/AM2 / Thermal Electric CPU Cooler I would buy one I want to do water cooling but I am a bit hesitantly nervous about it lol