Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 26, 2010, 12:13 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default WD Launches New HD Media Center For Centralized Multimedia Throughout the Home

Western Digital today introduced the WD TV Live Hub media center (photo), a Full-HD 1080p media player with a 1 terabyte (TB) built-in network hard drive that gives users the freedom to play all their personal media on any screen in the home. The WD TV Live Hub media center brings new experiences to the WD TV family, including instantly renting o... [ Read full article ]
Old October 27, 2010, 08:51 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Digital media can be easily transferred to the internal drive from shared folders on PCs and Mac s on the network or directly from external hard drives, thumb drives, camcorders or cameras connected via one of the two USB ports. Users also can stream videos from home network drives with a DLNA/UPnP server such as the recently announced My Book Live home network drive.
Does it mean we can't stream media from shared network drive without DLNA and that it need to have files copied to internal/usb drive before we watch them on tv? "Only" 1TB media shared arround the house?

Last edited by slay3r; October 27, 2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old October 27, 2010, 09:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice find. I might be interested!

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware