Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 19, 2010, 12:13 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Thermalright Releases Archon CPU Cooler

Heatsinks keep getting bigger and bigger in size, with many different designs and shapes. The needs of larger fans on the heatsinks have evolved, from the earlier 80mm fans to today?s modern 140mm fans. As the sizes of fans and fin arrays on the heatsink increases over time, interference between the components on some motherboards also increases. M... [ Read full article ]
Old October 19, 2010, 12:16 PM
Banned
F@H

looks like they havent forgotten the ultra design :)
Old October 19, 2010, 12:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Pretty nice. seems that 140mm is coming more and more popular on heatsink. Let's wait for some review and maybe we have a new winner of the best cooler award?

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old October 19, 2010, 01:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Let's hope it's a new 140mm fan design, and not a 120mm fan design scaled up to the larger size. The first gen 140 fans were pretty horrible in terms of wobble/vibrations when running at fast-ish RPM's.
Old October 19, 2010, 01:48 PM
Allstar

They use the same round 140mm fan design use by Noctua,

Last edited by botat29; October 19, 2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old October 19, 2010, 02:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoob View Post
Let's hope it's a new 140mm fan design, and not a 120mm fan design scaled up to the larger size. The first gen 140 fans were pretty horrible in terms of wobble/vibrations when running at fast-ish RPM's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by botat29 View Post
They use the same round 140mm fan design of Noctua,

Pretty much not one single computer enthusiast market company designs fans. We live in a service oriented market. Most of the products are designed by a few companies and marketed to companies like thermalright.

You can call that a Noctua fan or a whatever you want fan but most cases, the schematics are bought from firms and made in the branding of the company who wants it.

It's this way for 90% of the products you by.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 19, 2010, 02:53 PM
Allstar

Don't think I said they copy the Noctua, or Noctua own the design. First of all the thermaltake one don't have the grroves on the tips of the blades. I say they use the same round design. And how you know Noctua Engineer s donít design their fan ? Itís not the typical Chiness company who copy everyone, even if they donít design it at 100% , they can have make some improvements that make it unique.

ok I correct my post to reflect what i have in my mind when I wrote it , sorry for my poor translation

Last edited by botat29; October 19, 2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old October 19, 2010, 03:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Pretty much not one single computer enthusiast market company designs fans. We live in a service oriented market. Most of the products are designed by a few companies and marketed to companies like thermalright.

You can call that a Noctua fan or a whatever you want fan but most cases, the schematics are bought from firms and made in the branding of the company who wants it.

It's this way for 90% of the products you by.

Thats why I like a lot of CM designed Fans. They own the subsidary company that makes the fans they brand. At least we get something designed for us, more or less.

On another note, we shall see how this performs, I find coolers interesting. Even if not all designs are top tier.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 19, 2010, 03:44 PM

Noctua designs their fans.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old October 19, 2010, 03:47 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Noctua designs their fans.
I figured as much too, I just didn't want to say.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com