Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)  
Old October 6, 2010, 02:22 PM
geokilla's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,615

My System Specs

Default

What the heck happened to my post. I swear I made a post at around 11am. Did SugarJ remove my post? I didn't have any profanity or swearing or whatever in my post...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old October 6, 2010, 02:33 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mtl
Posts: 12,694
Default

did my post just got cleaned?
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old October 6, 2010, 02:40 PM
geokilla's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,615

My System Specs

Default

Best Buy never fails to deliver.

NVIDIA's Best Buy GeForce GTX 460 1GB Video Card Overview - NVIDIA Branded Video Cards Being Sold At Best Buy - Legit Reviews

Price at only $299 USD!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old October 6, 2010, 02:54 PM
SugarJ's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Langley, BC
Posts: 6,040

My System Specs

Default

Some posts that referred back to or quoted other deleted posts were also removed. Thus the "Thread Cleaned" comment. No further comments are necessary.
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old October 6, 2010, 02:58 PM
chrisk's Avatar
Folding Captain
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GTA, Ontario
Posts: 7,396

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Sorry I did not realize this was a news thread.

Yeah that is par for the course for BB.

Also note that Best Buy has a price matching policy on the exact same product; thing is, nVidia brand cards are only sold there so they don't have to worry about a price match on these cards (assuming an informed buyer went there looking).
__________________
Fold for team #54196
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)  
Old October 6, 2010, 03:15 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mtl
Posts: 12,694
Default

cool.

yeah looks to me a bit on the expensive side. then again people going there arent necessarily frequenting these forums :)
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old October 6, 2010, 03:58 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 5,415

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Some posts that referred back to or quoted other deleted posts were also removed. Thus the "Thread Cleaned" comment. No further comments are necessary.
You're pretty good at the cleaning thing. Would you be interested in doing my house? The cleaning lady right now is a bit of a slacker.
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old October 6, 2010, 08:18 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 735
Default

So, are the Evergreen cards for sale at BB and Futureshop (for example) all reference model cards?

If they are and then they're overpriced, they are still the only option now for reference cards, right? I have looked on newegg and NCIX and it looks like you can't find them anymore. Not even for the higher grade cards. I suspect this might be the case (soon/eventually?) for the Nvidia Fermi cards, too. Right???

That's pretty bad, don't you think? If you want a reference card and the voltage adjustment options or you just want to be sure of the specs/hardware, your only option is paying some exorbitant markup cost...

COMMENTS?!?
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old October 6, 2010, 08:44 PM
DkRk's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: VanCity, B.C.
Posts: 426

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by technix View Post
If they are and then they're overpriced, they are still the only option now for reference cards, right? I have looked on newegg and NCIX and it looks like you can't find them anymore. Not even for the higher grade cards. I suspect this might be the case (soon/eventually?) for the Nvidia Fermi cards, too. Right???

That's pretty bad, don't you think? If you want a reference card and the voltage adjustment options or you just want to be sure of the specs/hardware, your only option is paying some exorbitant markup cost...

COMMENTS?!?
There's an XFX 5850 that retains the reference design:

NCIX.com - Buy XFX Radeon HD 5850 HD585XZAFC 725MHZ 1Gb 4GHZ GDDR5 2XDVI HDMI DP DIRECTX11 PCI-E Video Card - HD585XZAFC In Canada.

It seems nVidia's partners keep the reference designs going in addition to their own coolers, so I doubt those will be going anywhere fast.
__________________
Protect your chicken from Dokken.
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old October 6, 2010, 08:46 PM
Sagath's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Petawawa, ON
Posts: 2,453

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by technix View Post
So, are the Evergreen cards for sale at BB and Futureshop (for example) all reference model cards?

If they are and then they're overpriced, they are still the only option now for reference cards, right? I have looked on newegg and NCIX and it looks like you can't find them anymore. Not even for the higher grade cards. I suspect this might be the case (soon/eventually?) for the Nvidia Fermi cards, too. Right???

That's pretty bad, don't you think? If you want a reference card and the voltage adjustment options or you just want to be sure of the specs/hardware, your only option is paying some exorbitant markup cost...

COMMENTS?!?

Er, no? There are lots of AIB that produce reference Fermi cards.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're asking, or you dont understand what reference implies when it comes to graphic cards?

Both my 768 meg EVGA 460's are reference PCB's. There is only about 4 or 5 460 768's on the market right now that ARNT reference. Off the top of my head I know these ones are NON-reference PCB's; Gainward, Palait and Leadtek.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
AKG shot the hamsters, and then Perineum drove his Mustang with summer tires into the server.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ASUS Launches NVIDIA's new GeForce GTX480/470 Graphics Cards FiXT Press Releases & Tech News 5 July 29, 2010 06:53 PM
NVIDIA Launches Fermi-Class Quadro Graphics Cards FiXT Press Releases & Tech News 19 July 28, 2010 12:52 PM
BFG Announces NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT, 9800 GT OC, & 9500 GT Graphics Cards MAC Press Releases & Tech News 0 July 29, 2008 09:53 PM
First Look: NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 55nm Graphics Cards MAC Press Releases & Tech News 11 July 9, 2008 06:42 PM
PS3 problems abound as second batch to hit shelves in December Gav Gaming 13 August 8, 2007 04:40 AM