Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 6, 2010, 02:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

What the heck happened to my post. I swear I made a post at around 11am. Did SugarJ remove my post? I didn't have any profanity or swearing or whatever in my post...
Old October 6, 2010, 02:33 PM
Banned
F@H

did my post just got cleaned?
Old October 6, 2010, 02:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Best Buy never fails to deliver.

NVIDIA's Best Buy GeForce GTX 460 1GB Video Card Overview - NVIDIA Branded Video Cards Being Sold At Best Buy - Legit Reviews

Price at only $299 USD!
Old October 6, 2010, 02:54 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Some posts that referred back to or quoted other deleted posts were also removed. Thus the "Thread Cleaned" comment. No further comments are necessary.
Old October 6, 2010, 02:58 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Sorry I did not realize this was a news thread.

Yeah that is par for the course for BB.

Also note that Best Buy has a price matching policy on the exact same product; thing is, nVidia brand cards are only sold there so they don't have to worry about a price match on these cards (assuming an informed buyer went there looking).
Fold for team #54196
Old October 6, 2010, 03:15 PM
Banned
F@H

cool.

yeah looks to me a bit on the expensive side. then again people going there arent necessarily frequenting these forums :)
Old October 6, 2010, 03:58 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Some posts that referred back to or quoted other deleted posts were also removed. Thus the "Thread Cleaned" comment. No further comments are necessary.
You're pretty good at the cleaning thing. Would you be interested in doing my house? The cleaning lady right now is a bit of a slacker.
Old October 6, 2010, 08:18 PM
Banned

So, are the Evergreen cards for sale at BB and Futureshop (for example) all reference model cards?

If they are and then they're overpriced, they are still the only option now for reference cards, right? I have looked on newegg and NCIX and it looks like you can't find them anymore. Not even for the higher grade cards. I suspect this might be the case (soon/eventually?) for the Nvidia Fermi cards, too. Right???

That's pretty bad, don't you think? If you want a reference card and the voltage adjustment options or you just want to be sure of the specs/hardware, your only option is paying some exorbitant markup cost...

COMMENTS?!?
Old October 6, 2010, 08:44 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by technix View Post
If they are and then they're overpriced, they are still the only option now for reference cards, right? I have looked on newegg and NCIX and it looks like you can't find them anymore. Not even for the higher grade cards. I suspect this might be the case (soon/eventually?) for the Nvidia Fermi cards, too. Right???

That's pretty bad, don't you think? If you want a reference card and the voltage adjustment options or you just want to be sure of the specs/hardware, your only option is paying some exorbitant markup cost...

COMMENTS?!?
There's an XFX 5850 that retains the reference design:

NCIX.com - Buy XFX Radeon HD 5850 HD585XZAFC 725MHZ 1Gb 4GHZ GDDR5 2XDVI HDMI DP DIRECTX11 PCI-E Video Card - HD585XZAFC In Canada.

It seems nVidia's partners keep the reference designs going in addition to their own coolers, so I doubt those will be going anywhere fast.
Old October 6, 2010, 08:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by technix View Post
So, are the Evergreen cards for sale at BB and Futureshop (for example) all reference model cards?

COMMENTS?!?

Er, no? There are lots of AIB that produce reference Fermi cards.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're asking, or you dont understand what reference implies when it comes to graphic cards?

Both my 768 meg EVGA 460's are reference PCB's. There is only about 4 or 5 460 768's on the market right now that ARNT reference. Off the top of my head I know these ones are NON-reference PCB's; Gainward, Palait and Leadtek.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about