Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 29, 2010, 10:17 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfanatic View Post
I had to put my sunglasses on and some qualudes to keep from laughing myself to death. Seriously, not for me.
Wait? Ludes?! In 2010?! Hook a brother up!
Old September 29, 2010, 10:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
I wish these case manufacturers would take a cue from Lian Li and Silverstone and put some DESIGN into them.
Fixed for you. Corsair has hardly original designs

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old September 29, 2010, 11:39 PM
MVP

I think it's erroneous to judge this case against general purpose cases because it's made to be customized for special purposes.

Controlled airflow is better in a static design, but perhaps this open air concept makes more sense in a dynamic, modular design. And it seems like it would be trivial to cover panels and add ducting as needed to control airflow.

In the right hands, this case might actually have a lot of potential. But to joe blow DIYer who is going to simply unbox and build to defaults, it would be a poor choice.

It's not for me, but I imagine some people will find it beneficial.
Old September 30, 2010, 09:24 AM
Rookie

I don't remember them mentioning how many air filters that this monstrosity comes with. Actually it should come with a dust buster.

Lord forbid you spill your Code Red Mountain Dew on it. "ZAP"

This case is so ugly and useless that your better off just sitting your mobo and HDD on a rubber mat.

for $220 uSD a Haf X would be so much better.
Old September 30, 2010, 10:18 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Its almost like Lego and ConneX decided to Breed and Antec ended up fostering the child.

That being said, I would try it just because.
Sometimes innovation , although ugly has merit somewhere.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old September 30, 2010, 11:56 AM
Associate Review Editor

To be fair, it does look better in blue...

....slightly!
Old September 30, 2010, 01:56 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

The side panels are a bit flimsy since they're made mostly out of plastic. The build quality of everything else is pretty good, though it would be nice if they used metal instead of plastic. For what they're charging, it's a little ridiculous that they didn't. Also, they really should have used a lot more thumbscrews. Nearly every part of the case requires you to use a screwdriver to take it off, and they didn't even include any thumbscrews in the little parts bin. The modularity is nice, but it takes a long time and a fair amount of effort to actually change anything around. There was a bit of protective plastic film stuck between the frame and the top plastic panel, and to get to it I had to remove the left side panel, the rear panel, the motherboard tray, the mobo tray rails, and a few screws holding the panel in. The entire process probably took me about 20 minutes just to get at a tiny bit of plastic.

As far as actually building a system in the thing, I'll have more to say on that once I actually do it. And yeah, it looks much better in blue.
Old September 30, 2010, 02:02 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

OMG you know something is wrong when I just about spit out my coffee from laughing when I look at it. It looks like something the doozers from fraggle rock would construct
Old September 30, 2010, 02:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
To be fair, it does look better in blue...

....slightly!
There is still one question. You want to bring your computer to a lan and make it look like the best computer ever and the most nice looking, then...you have the whole bunch of cable and wire running everywhere behind the mesh...sorry but you just pay over 200$ for everyone to see that your case is worth around 50$ of mesh:)

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old September 30, 2010, 10:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
OMG you know something is wrong when I just about spit out my coffee from laughing when I look at it. It looks like something the doozers from fraggle rock would construct
If you spit your coffee on this case..bye bye components

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W