Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 29, 2010, 12:27 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
DIRECTIONAL airflow is what makes cases like Silverstone's Raven series so good at cooling. Poking a bunch of holes in a case doesn't necessarily lead to better cooling performance; it just leads to increased dust penetration.
i think legit did something like making a case made of fans a while ago and the difference wasn't that big.
with proper mesh/filtration system dust shouldn't be much of an issue, but any liquid towards the general area of the case(well directly) would be bad, i figure.

edit : here

Last edited by _dangtx_; September 29, 2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old September 29, 2010, 12:31 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
i think legit did something like making a case made of fans a while ago and the difference wasn't that big.
with proper mesh/filtration system dust shouldn't be much of an issue, but any liquid towards the general area of the case(well directly) would be bad, i figure.
That's because if you have 20 fans blowing willy nilly, there isn't any direction. A clear intake to exhaust route is needed.
Old September 29, 2010, 12:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

For me, antec is dead...For the past 3 years they have make only crap case so they can now sink and let the game to the real one. This one is just to much...sorry.

Edit : How can you make a clean build with a case like that? cable management is not that good and you will see the fking wires?

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old September 29, 2010, 01:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The ability to configure is so much is pretty cool. They need to sell solid panels or something so you can add them in and make a "rebuildable" case, if you catch what I'm meaning....
Old September 29, 2010, 02:08 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I like how they integrated a small storage place for tools (or whatever) in the front, and I really like the options for installing optical drives.

Otherwise, I'll pass.
Fold for team #54196
Old September 29, 2010, 03:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I wish these case manufacturers would take a cue from Corsair and Fractal and put some DESIGN into them.

Literally they have hardware lackies sitting at a desk drawing these on a demo version of CAD. REAL design firms create a product that is conducive to it's environment - this is not it. If any of you HWC'ers buy this, toss me a PM so I can make fun of you hahaha.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old September 29, 2010, 04:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

damn it stole my idea.... wait... not that exactly style... ;p

i dont think it would br a good high flow case...
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.
Old September 29, 2010, 04:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile News and Reviews

I had to put my sunglasses on and some qualudes to keep from laughing myself to death. Seriously, not for me.
Old September 29, 2010, 04:57 PM
MVP

I just read the review for the full tower that was posted here in the review roundup, and I think you guys are short changing this case. Obviously the style is one thing, but you can do almost anything you want with this case. You optical drives can face any way you want. Hard drives too. You PSU can go on the top and bottom, the mother board tray can go on either side. Loads of watercooling room.
Old September 29, 2010, 09:22 PM
MVP

I like the idea of it being so modular.
But yeah, it'll get dirty so fast.. Unless you have good air conditioning and keep your place super-clean.