Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 15, 2010, 01:41 PM
Allstar

Post Microsoft ships IE9 beta

I will always be a Firefox but it's definitely an improvement vs 8.0:

Quote:
Computerworld - Microsoft today released the first public beta of Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), its latest effort to reclaim the ground it's lost to rivals Mozilla, Google and others.

"People go to the Web for sites, not for the browser," Dean Hachamovitch, the vice president for IE, said at a release event in San Francisco Wednesday morning. "How can IE make sites shine?"

IE9, which Microsoft announced almost a year ago and has offered up as four developer previews since March 2010, features hardware acceleration, faster JavaScript rendering and a dramatically streamlined interface that mimics the minimalist approach first used by Google's Chrome, then copied by others, including Mozilla's Firefox.

"IE9 has a clean design that puts the focus on the sites, not the browser," said Hachamovitch, who repeatedly stressed that the new browser will get out of the way and put the spotlight on Web content......
Microsoft ships IE9 beta, pushes Web, not browser - Computerworld

Download languages for Internet Explorer 9 Beta

CHEERS
Old September 16, 2010, 08:30 AM
MVP

Its a huge improvement on IE8, but still not as good as firefox/chrome in my opinion (and in the opinion of the peacekeeper browser test)
Old September 16, 2010, 11:39 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I think it's really really fast!
Old September 16, 2010, 12:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agafaba View Post
Its a huge improvement on IE8, but still not as good as firefox/chrome in my opinion (and in the opinion of the peacekeeper browser test)
according to ieblog... ie9 did well job... remember its still beta...

anyhow... i prefer to use maxthon3 over anything... anytime...
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.
Old September 16, 2010, 12:48 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Microsoft Launches Public Beta of Internet Explorer 9

Microsoft Corp announced the worldwide beta availability of its new Web browser, accompanied by over 70 top websites and global brands that created new experiences to show off the capabilities of Windows Internet Explorer 9, at the Beauty of the Web event in San Francisco. The new browser delivers a fast, clean, trusted and interoperable online exp... [ Read full article ]
Old September 16, 2010, 01:19 PM
Top Prospect

Yes finally IE9 And STILL worse than the others but yes i like the good increase performance from the IE8 but im a Chrome so i dont care :)
Old September 16, 2010, 04:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Loaded it up this morning, so far I'm still up in the air as to whether I like it, like anything new it does take some getting used too. I do like the fact they made it look simple, you get more use out of the whole screen without all the toolbars and such. The one thing I really do like is being able to pin your favs to the taskbar, much cleaner and less fumbling with the favorites list, and of course, the speed!..it appears to be much faster. Overall, once I get used it I'm pretty sure I'll DL the final version and lose Exploder 8.

Old September 16, 2010, 06:25 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Got it yesterday and really like it so far.

Old September 17, 2010, 12:03 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I have only tried it briefly but am liking it so far. As far as style I still like Chrome better, but there are some features like Windows Live and Facebook compatibility that are interesting (too bad I do not use either). The way the options are set up in the corner but still easily accessible is nice. Basically its just Microsoft catching up to Firefox and Chrome finally, although maybe not quite there yet as the browser does have some bugs.
Old September 17, 2010, 04:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimark View Post
I have only tried it briefly but am liking it so far. As far as style I still like Chrome better, but there are some features like Windows Live and Facebook compatibility that are interesting (too bad I do not use either). The way the options are set up in the corner but still easily accessible is nice. Basically its just Microsoft catching up to Firefox and Chrome finally, although maybe not quite there yet as the browser does have some bugs.
Maybe IE 10. I hope no one uses IE 8 or old cause it sucks in so many areas.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."