Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   Corsair Announces New Line of Gaming Power Supply Units (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/36217-corsair-announces-new-line-gaming-power-supply-units.html)

FiXT September 14, 2010 11:18 AM

Corsair Announces New Line of Gaming Power Supply Units

Corsair a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the Corsair Gaming Series? Power Supplies. These PSUs are an ideal price-performance solution for building or upgrading a gaming PC.

The Gaming Series PSUs feature a single +12V rail, providing up to 65A of reliable, continuou... [ Read full article ]

sswilson September 14, 2010 11:25 AM

Hrmmmm......

Is this just marketing, or did they think it was time for a product line refresh?

I'm always suspicious when a company with a reasonably well reviewed product decides to release a new product at the exact same price point. Makes me wonder if it's not driven by profit generation through lower quality parts. Anybody know what the guts of these things are?

Kommie986 September 14, 2010 12:47 PM

Non modular by the looks of things?

_dangtx_ September 14, 2010 01:03 PM

the gs naming scheme reminds me of bfg's one :)

still, looking forward to a decent review.

fishingfanatic September 14, 2010 01:09 PM

Press Release

While they look like a "colourful" addition to a gaming system, I would much rather spend my money on the AX series, as price seems a bit high to me. If they perform up to Corsair's reputation then it's an alternative for some people, just not me.
:biggrin:

Zero82z September 14, 2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswilson (Post 428738)
Hrmmmm......

Is this just marketing, or did they think it was time for a product line refresh?

I'm always suspicious when a company with a reasonably well reviewed product decides to release a new product at the exact same price point. Makes me wonder if it's not driven by profit generation through lower quality parts. Anybody know what the guts of these things are?

Corsair will most likely be phasing out the VX550 along with most if not all of the TX line. These units are based on CWT's PSH-II platform.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kommie986 (Post 428782)
Non modular by the looks of things?

No, not modular.

martin_metal_88 September 14, 2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero82z (Post 428808)
Corsair will most likely be phasing out the VX550 along with most if not all of the TX line. These units are based on CWT's PSH-II platform.

Ok so almost the same unit with a led in the fan? Seriously, where is this bad idea come from? and if I don't want a led? ok I'll buy a seasonic...sorry corsair:haha:

Zero82z September 14, 2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 (Post 428818)
Ok so almost the same unit with a led in the fan? Seriously, where is this bad idea come from? and if I don't want a led? ok I'll buy a seasonic...sorry corsair:haha:

The PSH-II is a modified and lower-cost version of the original PSH platform. They are not exactly the same. The PSH-II is supposed to perform better, so we'll see how things are once reviews start to come out.

Reyzac September 14, 2010 03:45 PM

Corsair has amazing PSUs already for everyone, they don't really need to introduce this. Somehow, I think Corsair is getting into too many things lately, they're gonna choke eventually...

0o0 September 14, 2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reyzac (Post 428887)
Corsair has amazing PSUs already for everyone, they don't really need to introduce this. Somehow, I think Corsair is getting into too many things lately, they're gonna choke eventually...

my thoughts exactly... they even have their own headset now. What is this, yamaha?