Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 14, 2010, 04:08 PM
Banned
F@H

if money comes in from those places too why not? if the ysee trouble and truncate the line at the base,when needed? why not.
Old September 14, 2010, 04:59 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Corsair is simply expanding, like any successful company does. Look at ASUS, Coolermaster, EVGA, OCZ, etc. All of those companies have product lines outside of their core products, and there are plenty of other examples of that in the computer industry. As long as they can provide compelling products, I see no reason why they shouldn't branch out if they are interested in doing so and feel that they have something to offer to consumers.
Old September 14, 2010, 05:14 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I like to see Corsair offering some more affordable PSUs but I hope they keep their quality. I don't want to see a very respectable company tarnished by some crappy PSUs.
Old September 14, 2010, 08:13 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

eh at least you can turn off the LEDs, but still not much justification to get one... hopefully they'll outperform the old ones? heh i'd love to see corsair make laptops, but thats just me
Old September 14, 2010, 08:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Agreed... too many products now. I really do hope they kill off some of their existing products to make space for this.
It's nice to have top to bottom covered for both modular + non-modular, but with too many products with little differentiation is not good.

That, and clean up their webpage. If the HX620 is a now discontinued part, move it to a 'legacy' page.

It was so much simpler with just HX for modular high end, and VX for non-modular low-to-mid end.
Old September 14, 2010, 09:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Corsair is simply expanding, like any successful company does. Look at ASUS, Coolermaster, EVGA, OCZ, etc. All of those companies have product lines outside of their core products, and there are plenty of other examples of that in the computer industry. As long as they can provide compelling products, I see no reason why they shouldn't branch out if they are interested in doing so and feel that they have something to offer to consumers.
Yeah, I knew there was a reason a part of me was getting nervous. But least they're not branding it with some gamer's logo.

But if they can pull it off, awesome. Not everybody wants the cream of the crop, and it's always nice to have a wider variety of dependable PSU's to recommend to people on a budget.