Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 7, 2010, 10:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technokat View Post
is it just me or is it when you "sign up for beta" all you are doing is making a forum account?
By signing up for their forums you sign up for the beta, it says that in one of the FAQ threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
I think this is part of the reason the creators are being very adamant about NOT calling it an MMOFPS, because then people get the idea in their head that it is "like WoW".
Personally I don't think of this as an MMORPG (WoW and the such), to me it pretty much is an MMOFPS. It is an FPS with many players. To me MMOFPS does not imply leveling and other RPG elements. I would call such a thing an MMORPFPS (such as the failure that was Tabula Rasa). But I do see where they are coming from as people automatically associate MMO with MMORPG and as such WoW.

If it turns out to be a Borderlands with a larger variety of weapons and mission types I think I will enjoy it. My one concern is latency, being a free game this really does worry me since they might overload servers.
Old September 7, 2010, 11:02 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Ya sorry, I wasn't meaning you directly - more like people in general may associate it with MMORPGs/WoW
Your statement just reminded me of that point.
Old September 7, 2010, 11:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

UT Borderlands MMO? Sweet! I hope it's good. I like the art style, who says games have to look like games trying to look like movies? Being able to go 3rd person and 1st person is cool. Oh and jet packs = win. Looking forward to more of this one.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old September 8, 2010, 12:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Looks very interesting to me, signed up for the Beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old September 8, 2010, 03:04 AM
MVP

I don't know what the obsession is with MMOs these days. It's like every game is becoming more and more like it, if not already incorporated. Noobs are overwhelmingly multiplying.
Old September 8, 2010, 04:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Signed up for the beta. Who knows? Maybe the game will turn out alright. If so, may HWC members interested in playing could form some sort of army?

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old September 8, 2010, 06:26 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

this looks interesting :) I signed up too!