Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 7, 2007, 01:17 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
This is MUCH ado about nothing. I will put it plainly: this is the Tech Report getting their rocks off on AMD and it disgusts me to no end.

First of all this TLB errata shows up VERY rarely in the chips and will not even affect 99% of the programs out there. If you are experiencing problems with system hangs and whatnot, THEN you shoudl download the fix. I know 5 people running Phenoms WITHOUT having any system problems. So, like I said, this is utterly and completely blown out of proportion. Period.

Need I remond everyone that at last count, Intel had an Errata list with 162 entries for their Conroe chips. But, lo and behold it was taken down about a week ago...just when AMD's ONE problem hit the headlines. The only listing left about it is from the good ol' Inq: Errata list shows for Core 2 Duo - The INQUIRER

I am still trying to see if I can find the list again but like I said before: try to ignore this nonsense.
Fair enough, I was aware of this. Apparently they have had this same l3 cache errata since the k7 days. What gets me is that they left the fix off of review samples to boost the scores.