Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 1, 2010, 01:24 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default What's New From Apple - Summary of Apple Event

This morning, geeky yet chic gizmo maker Apple, held their annual "Everything Apple" event where plenty of new products, features and services from the company were announced including the hotly anticipated new iPods. But it wasn't just the new iPod Touch that made headlines, check out the brief summary of other interesting announcements. Apple TV... [ Read full article ]
Old September 1, 2010, 02:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ok they shrink the apple tv but is it any good now?? Also, what is the point of a IPS in the screen a such low res?? I would have to the other way, bigger res with standard panel. Nice for the other thing.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old September 1, 2010, 02:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

a multitouch screen on a device so small... I can imagine the uses >.>
Old September 1, 2010, 02:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Ok they shrink the apple tv but is it any good now?? Also, what is the point of a IPS in the screen a such low res?? I would have to the other way, bigger res with standard panel. Nice for the other thing.
IPS allows for better viewing angles, so it would be great for games that use the accelerometer and gyro in the iPod touch. The iPhone 4 has an IPS panel too. As for the iPod nano screen, I have no idea what it has.
Old September 1, 2010, 02:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

iPod nano is ugly, they remove the camera and other functionality and they are still overpriced. The iPod touch look good through.
Old September 1, 2010, 02:51 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

whoops sorry.
Nano part of the article was missing.
Updated
Old September 1, 2010, 03:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapmaster View Post
iPod nano is ugly, they remove the camera and other functionality and they are still overpriced. The iPod touch look good through.
Better to put no camera instead of the crap the previous one was using seriously XD

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old September 1, 2010, 03:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Better to put no camera instead of the crap the previous one was using seriously XD
haha, I would have agreed if only it mean the nano cost less for the consumer.
Old September 1, 2010, 03:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Meh... Admittedly the Touch is nice and the camera is about time I guess, but it's so dam pricey. And if you already have a smartphone it's a bit pricey for an mp3 player. Unless you want it for games I guess, but seriously... are there any games for iPod that are more than casual time wasters? Is it really worth $230 for an 8GB iTouch, ouch.

And please, please PLEASE.. somebody stop all these effing companies and their Social Networking garbage. Like come on already... who the *uck cares? "Please follow me on iFaceBookTunesSpace where you can see that I listen to the same crap everyday on my 8GB iPod, because that's all that i could afford and games/apps take a lot of space so I only have 100 songs on it."

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old September 1, 2010, 03:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
And please, please PLEASE.. somebody stop all these effing companies and their Social Networking garbage. Like come on already... who the *uck cares? "Please follow me on iFaceBookTunesSpace where you can see that I listen to the same crap everyday on my 8GB iPod, because that's all that i could afford and games/apps take a lot of space so I only have 100 songs on it."
Damn right!