Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   What's New From Apple - Summary of Apple Event (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/35803-whats-new-apple-summary-apple-event.html)

FiXT September 1, 2010 01:24 PM

What's New From Apple - Summary of Apple Event

This morning, geeky yet chic gizmo maker Apple, held their annual "Everything Apple" event where plenty of new products, features and services from the company were announced including the hotly anticipated new iPods. But it wasn't just the new iPod Touch that made headlines, check out the brief summary of other interesting announcements. Apple TV... [ Read full article ]

martin_metal_88 September 1, 2010 02:19 PM

Ok they shrink the apple tv but is it any good now?? Also, what is the point of a IPS in the screen a such low res?? I would have to the other way, bigger res with standard panel. Nice for the other thing.

LarkStarr September 1, 2010 02:21 PM

a multitouch screen on a device so small... I can imagine the uses >.>

bojangles September 1, 2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 (Post 423388)
Ok they shrink the apple tv but is it any good now?? Also, what is the point of a IPS in the screen a such low res?? I would have to the other way, bigger res with standard panel. Nice for the other thing.

IPS allows for better viewing angles, so it would be great for games that use the accelerometer and gyro in the iPod touch. The iPhone 4 has an IPS panel too. As for the iPod nano screen, I have no idea what it has.

rapmaster September 1, 2010 02:39 PM

iPod nano is ugly, they remove the camera and other functionality and they are still overpriced. The iPod touch look good through.

FiXT September 1, 2010 02:51 PM

whoops sorry.
Nano part of the article was missing.
Updated

martin_metal_88 September 1, 2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapmaster (Post 423404)
iPod nano is ugly, they remove the camera and other functionality and they are still overpriced. The iPod touch look good through.

Better to put no camera instead of the crap the previous one was using seriously XD

rapmaster September 1, 2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 (Post 423413)
Better to put no camera instead of the crap the previous one was using seriously XD

haha, I would have agreed if only it mean the nano cost less for the consumer.

Thund3rball September 1, 2010 03:13 PM

Meh... Admittedly the Touch is nice and the camera is about time I guess, but it's so dam pricey. And if you already have a smartphone it's a bit pricey for an mp3 player. Unless you want it for games I guess, but seriously... are there any games for iPod that are more than casual time wasters? Is it really worth $230 for an 8GB iTouch, ouch.

And please, please PLEASE.. somebody stop all these effing companies and their Social Networking garbage. Like come on already... who the *uck cares? "Please follow me on iFaceBookTunesSpace where you can see that I listen to the same crap everyday on my 8GB iPod, because that's all that i could afford and games/apps take a lot of space so I only have 100 songs on it."

MacJunky September 1, 2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thund3rball (Post 423428)
And please, please PLEASE.. somebody stop all these effing companies and their Social Networking garbage. Like come on already... who the *uck cares? "Please follow me on iFaceBookTunesSpace where you can see that I listen to the same crap everyday on my 8GB iPod, because that's all that i could afford and games/apps take a lot of space so I only have 100 songs on it."

Damn right!