Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 27, 2010, 09:22 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
OCZbao if you do want a MFG. tag by all means, just send myself or SKYMTL a PM and we can set it up. Just be forwarned, with great tags, come great responsibility :P (you'd likely wind up fielding work related questions )

Otherwise we have no problems with letting you just be your own person and fellow enthusiast who we happen to know working at OCZ :)
I actually wouldn't mind. Most people usually phone in to ask about availability and easy stuff like that. I'm not a product manager, so whatever I know about products is usually in the public space anyway :P
Old August 27, 2010, 09:51 AM
Banned
F@H

meaning we wont get any early bird introduction to upcoming ocz products from thee? :)
Old August 27, 2010, 10:35 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
meaning we wont get any early bird introduction to upcoming ocz products from thee? :)
I am not authorized to disclose those types of things :)

I can help you locate products though, say your favourite reseller isn't carrying something that you want, I can probably push the product to them.
Old August 27, 2010, 10:39 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

You should really ask a moderator for a mfg badge then; as it sounds like you could be a very valuable resource for HWC members. :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 27, 2010, 10:42 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCZbao View Post
I am not authorized to disclose those types of things :)

I can help you locate products though, say your favourite reseller isn't carrying something that you want, I can probably push the product to them.
was waiting for that right there. thanks and happy to have ya onboard maite
Old August 27, 2010, 11:12 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
You should really ask a moderator for a mfg badge then; as it sounds like you could be a very valuable resource for HWC members. :)
yes I will :D
Old August 27, 2010, 11:18 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
was waiting for that right there. thanks and happy to have ya onboard maite
omg, I forgot to multiquote the last two messages.

Yes I can definitely help with certain things. There was a situation before where an end user had a relatively difficult part to replace, and he told me that he wanted to buy more, but buying from PC Power directly would be quite difficult/expensive.

So what I did was asked a local reseller to handle the exchange for the customer, and I also brokered the deal so that the end user got a quick replacement; saved money on a new purchase and with the reseller making a quick $20 per as well.

(We're not allowed to sell directly to end users).
Old August 27, 2010, 11:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Press Release

Maybe a HWC special on SSDs? Could probably sell a good number of them, although I have SSDs another great OCZ drive would be awesome. Here's hoping. hehe
Old August 27, 2010, 11:21 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfanatic View Post
Maybe a HWC special on SSDs? Could probably sell a good number of them, although I have SSDs another great OCZ drive would be awesome. Here's hoping. hehe
It might be possible, but I wouldn't say the odds are strong.

But hey, I hear NCIX's grand opening in Markham = OCZSSD2-2VTXE60G's going for $99 after MIR.

That's blazin' hot.

If you miss out on that, other local resellers should be selling the regular Vertex and Agility drives for around the same next week as well.
Old August 27, 2010, 11:25 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Press Release

Thanks man, no harm in trying. Besides, winning over customers, this site is friggin awesome. NCIX would probably go for it. Anyway, not trying to push it, just a thought. Cheers, and welcome to HWC!!!