Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 26, 2010, 09:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I for one never knew there was really any difference on their value line besides colours and names. They all performed the same, right?
Old August 26, 2010, 10:06 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCZbao View Post
Good riddance to low end memory!
And RMA costs associated
Given OCZ's track record as of late that 3% margin was likely easily eaten up in the cost of replacements.
Old August 26, 2010, 10:35 AM
Banned
F@H

3%? and what does that translate to in dollars per year? :)

usually dropping stuff means first signs of trouble.
Old August 26, 2010, 10:52 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
3%? and what does that translate to in dollars per year? :)

usually dropping stuff means first signs of trouble.

I would normally agree, but it's just become a waste of time to sell it. Regardless of RMA rates.
Old August 26, 2010, 11:18 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I would normally agree, but it's just become a waste of time to sell it. Regardless of RMA rates.
Have to agree, when you have a half dozen mfg's competing to sell quite literally the exact same stuff, all within cents of each other - there really isn't much point for such a low payoff.

I don't think those type of products are really even meant to be money makers. It's sort of the bread and butter of the business - it gets your name out there, makes people aware of the company and what they offer and potentially leads them towards higher profit products.

OCZ is already well established, with both ram and SSDs and really doesn't need to play the "get our name out there with cheap stuff" game anymore like some of its competition.

Better to invest on improving and better defining a slimmer lineup of products that is able to offer unique features to consumers. Looking forward to seeing a renewed focus from OCZ in the memory segment
Old August 26, 2010, 11:34 AM
Top Prospect

Yup,

I think it was a great move to release interesting products like the Revo drive.

It's just that value ram is always a quick revenue generator, I guess OCZ's moving past that and wants to focus on the juicier segments.

Besides, we're not abandoning the easy to move, good quality DDR3-1600 stuff (OCZ3G1600LV2G and others).

So our memory presence will still be strong.
Old August 26, 2010, 09:19 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I wish OCZ would scale back their PSU operations too. We could do with fewer mediocre units on the market.

Quote:
So our memory presence will still be strong.
Our? So you're an OCZ rep then? It would be a good idea to specifically mention that in your sig or something rather than acting like a shill.
Old August 26, 2010, 10:25 PM
Allstar

He has OCZ in his name. I think it's pretty obvious that he is a rep
Gigabyte HD 6970 OC
Gigabyte Z68X-UDH3-B3
Seasonic 760W
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
CM690 w/ 1-80mm, 6-120mm fans.
Old August 27, 2010, 08:52 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
I wish OCZ would scale back their PSU operations too. We could do with fewer mediocre units on the market.

Our? So you're an OCZ rep then? It would be a good idea to specifically mention that in your sig or something rather than acting like a shill.
Once I post my personal rig, you'll probably agree that I'm not a total shill for the company :P

Just a fellow hardware enthusiast, well not so much in the past 3 years, but I decided to build a gaming/htpc for StarCraft2 and a few other games + XBMC (the Acer Revo 3610 was fine for that... but not gameworthy).

Anyhow, I work at the Markham office, doing sales ops, some product support, and few other things too.
Old August 27, 2010, 08:55 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

OCZbao if you do want a MFG. tag by all means, just send myself or SKYMTL a PM and we can set it up. Just be forwarned, with great tags, come great responsibility :P (you'd likely wind up fielding work related questions )

Otherwise we have no problems with letting you just be your own person and fellow enthusiast who we happen to know working at OCZ :)