Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 19, 2010, 08:09 AM
MVP

My System Specs

What switches are Razer using for this? I wonder if it's a proprietary design or if they're just using Cherry Browns or something.

In any case, mechanical keyboards are definitely where it's at. Very pleased with my das3. Though, and this is personal preference, I actually don't like using it for gaming. I went out and bought a G13 to supplement it, so I'm oddly conflicted seeing the gaming brands moving towards mechanical switches.

---
Bob - Core i3 530 | Gigabyte H55N-USB3 | 4GB DDR3 | Corsair H50 w/ TFC Triebwerk | Silverstone SG06
Old August 19, 2010, 12:52 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Why would you want or need more than one windows key?
I always do Win+E/Win+D with the left and Win+L with the right, and I find it a bit awkward when there's only one.
Old August 19, 2010, 01:45 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

" key actuation fatigue"......

Really? doubleyouteeeff
Old August 19, 2010, 02:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Speed View Post
I always do Win+E/Win+D with the left and Win+L with the right, and I find it a bit awkward when there's only one.
Just tried doing Win+L since I never use it and I still find it easier using the left windows key + L. I even find hitting alt+ctrl+del and then enter is easier. And since this IS made for gaming anyways.
Old August 19, 2010, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

Default Nuh-uh

Razer hasn't been working on this for three years. Three years ago the market for mechanical keyboards was microscopically tiny. A few nuts hoarding Model Ms, sniping off ebay anything with "clicky" in the title, importing Filco keyboards from Japan for >$200. Razer would have no incentive to start working on a mechanical keyboard at that time.

Try this. In the past six months the popularity of mechanical keyboards has *booomed*. They were touted as being great for gamers, and a lot of gamers bought mechanical keyboards. Razer saw this, $$$s appeared in their eyes, and they ran to iOne, banged something out, slapped their logo on it, wrote some neat software, and made up a bunch of marketing bullcrap with no relation to reality. Oh, and they didn't design their own switch. They don't have the engineers or manufacturing capability. Five gets you one it's Cherry MX blues, which are actually the worst switch for gaming. I betcha Razer's using them because A.) Das (biggest mech. keyboard brand in the US right now) is using them on its stock models, B.) they're one of the cheaper Cherry switches, and C.) they're #1 in the Geekhack switch poll, which they probably don't realize is on a forum dominated by typists, not gamers.

This product is a cash-in. Maybe it'll be good, maybe it won't be. But half the ponts this review copies from their marketing sheet are lies, plain and simple.
Old August 19, 2010, 09:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't mind the post above one bit.

However, I do mind that it's not a registered user. I'd rather have an alias to base these words off, not just ignore it because it's a comment from an unregistered guest.

If someone says something that contradicts what I think and I've seen their posts are on the money every other time it forces me to rethink my position on that subject. Outcome might be the same and I might not agree with them but at least I did rethink my original thought.